Remember

{ Layana }

Still in shock, I try to make sense of this idea. Could I really be a princess?

I slowly get up, and look at my reflection in the water.

My black hair is pulled back into a messy ponytail, and my once pale face is now red from the consant sun. I am covered in sand and blood from my cuts. My emerald eyes stare back at me.

Green eyes, black hair, pale skin, this is reminding me of somone. The man.

He has black hair slicked back, to reveal his pale skinned face with his green eyes.

Am I related to him?

I get up onto my feet and start walking, casting one last glance at the water.

My feet dont hurt nearly as much as they did, im sure the watr helped.

As I walk, I find that now that I'm not worrying, I can truly enjoy the scenery. The beautiful blue sky, the green cacti.

Maybe this isn't so bad afterall.

For the first time since I arrived here, I feel like I know what to do. I need to remember. I need to remember my family, my home and most importantly, how to get back to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk for hours and the bounce fades until I am just walking.

I keep an eye out at the sky, to make sure I still have time to walk before the sun sets. Before, I would've rested during the day to avoid the heat but now I find it more important to keep an eye out for signs of life. If I were to walk at night, it might be too dark to see a footprint.

Almost as if that thought was a cue, I see another footprint.

It's the same kind as before, and they seem to be going in the same direction as I am, so I follow them, the bounce quickly returning to my step.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I follow the prints until sundown, then decide to sleep. If my memories are coming back as dreams, I cant keep missing sleep.

I lay down in the quickly cooling sand, and slip away into a peaceful sleep.

There he is. The man.

He is looking up at a much older man this time.

"Loki, you cant keep doing this." The older man says, with a frown.

" I know , Odin-"

"Call me father" the older man, Odin, says.

"But you're not my father" I hear loki mutter.

"Fine. I know, father," he says, emphasizing the word father, "but-"

He stops short, and I am found wondering why until odin says something.

"Layana!" He says, a soft expression coming onto his face. "Come in"

I find myself walking over to him.

"Were you listening in on us?" Odin questions.

I nod, feeling guilty.

"She gets it from her father" loki says with a proud smirk on his face.

Odin just shakes his head slightly then turns to loki.

"You are the prince of asgard, and I cant have you causing trouble all the time, "odin says strictly, " and we most definitely cannot have young Layana, running around causing as much mischief as you do."

Loki nods slowly, turning to look at me.

"Yes father." He says once again emphasizing the word father.

I can help but giggle at he says this.

"Oh and Layana," odin says wiyh a kind smile, "come and see me anytime you like, a visit from a grandchild is always welcome."

I nod, staying close to Loki, as he leads me out of the palace.

I open my eye slowly to the real world, with a smile forming on my sunburned face.

I think I've found my father.