I promise

{ Loki }

When we get to Jotunheim, a frostgiant pushes me off the ship and with my hands tied together, I land painfully.

After struggling to get up for a few minutes I find myslef standing before a frostgiant who seems to find my obvious struggles entertaining. When he sees that I'm up, he shoves me ahead of him, and follows as I stumble along the path.

I can hear shouting in the distance, steadily growing louder. They are no doubt celebrating my capture. A frown appears on my face as I truly think this through. Why did I do this?

I don't have time to find the answer because the path opens up into a clearing surrounded by the foul beasts.

" Cut off his head!" Someone screams from the crowd.

"Stab him through the heart!" Someone else screams.

I roll my eyes as more people suggest how to kill me. They were obviously terrible at revenge. Before I can stop myself, I'm giving them advice.

"No you fools!" I shout into the clearing, causing everyone to freeze in shock, "do you even understand how revenge works? If you just slice off their head, you don't get to see them suffer. You want to kill them slowly, watching them panic as they near death."

I regret it as soon as I say it, but even more so when they agree.

Why the hell do I keep doing this?

As they try to figure out some sort of deadly torture to do to me, I stand there in the middle of the crowd. As tall and intimidating I try to appear, I'm sure that I just look like a boy pretending to be a man.

An eruption of cheers exlpodes from the crowd and I realize that they must have decided my punishment.

I sigh, defeated. It's such a contrast to the feeling I had just hours ago. The feeling I had, when she awoke from her supposedly endless sleep.

Tears begin to slide down my face, as they drag me away from the clearing. They don't tell me where we're going or what my fate is. It doesn't matter, I wouldn't be able to hear it anyways. The world seems to be silent as if I'm deaf.

They throw me into a large pit and leave.

I sit there, waiting. I can't climb out. I can't dig out. I'm trapped. Is this how it's going to end? Sitting at the bottom of a pit as a mere entertainment to the frostgiants?

Just when I think they've forgotten about me, a large beast charges at me from the other end of the pit.

I just stand there, waiting for it to pounce, knowing that I did a horrible thing and they deserve revenge.

Then in a flash, it leaps into the air, to land on me, knocking me to the ground. Gasping for air as it places a fair amount of weight onto me, everything goes darker.

Goodbye Layana.