Fun All Night Long

(Alani Carter's mom, Tai, and Carter in mm)

"That's All They Really Want
Some Fun
When The Working Day Is Done
Oh Girls, They Want To Have Fun"
Cyndi Lauper x Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Carter 'C' James•

Finally we're on Christmas break! So far, it's been horrible. On Friday Nolen and I had to stay after school, when we had a half day, since we still had those detentions. We had to help clean the classrooms and stuff. Nolen started playing around and almost broke my phone, since he took it from me. Then when I got home, Drew was tripping. He was high and drunk. He was feeling on my legs and stuff when I sat down, and when I got up he smacked my ass. I was basically in my room for the rest of the weekend after that.

"Mommy, where you at?" I shouted, poking my head out my door.

"You gonna stop yelling in my damn house." Drew said, from him and my moms room.

"You don't pay the bills, so really it's my moms house." I snapped back.

"But you wanna know what bills I do pay? Your phone bill, so really it's my phone."

"Did I tell you to pay my phone bill? No. Matter of fact, I'll start paying for it. Just give me the bill next time it comes."

My mom still didn't reply, so I went downstairs to check. She was in the kitchen shaking her head.

"What?" I asked.

"You need to stop talking to him like that." Mom said.

"Why? He's not my dad. If I called my actual dad, and told him how he disrespects you, he would have a problem."

She stayed quiet so I continued,

"Mommy I hear him yell at you, and curse at you. I don't respect him for a reason. Why are you still with him?"

"Because I want to stay with him."

I knew that she just lied straight to my face. She doesn't want to be with him. Her face doesn't light up, like it did when she was still with my dad when she sees Drew. I think the only time I heard her say 'I love you' to Drew was at their wedding. And I know for a fact, that they've never had sex. Not even on their honeymoon. Me and my mom are just that close, where we can tell each other stuff like this. I played it off like I didn't know she lied, and shrugged.

"I just don't think he's good for you. I mean you're so nice, loving, and caring, and he's so...cruel, full of hatred, and doesn't care about anyone."

"Opposites attract."

"You and daddy are perfect together. You guys were basically like the male and female version of each other."

"And look where we are now!" Mom shouted, taking me back and scaring me a little.

Mom sighed and asked, "If we were perfect together, then why aren't we still together?"

I'm pretty sure that it was a rhetorical question, and more to herself than to me, so I just shrugged.

"Come with me. We need to talk."

"Why can't we just talk in here?"

"Carter! Just go hurry and get dressed."

I rolled my eyes, which is something I don't normally do, to my mom at least. I jogged upstairs and saw that Drew was sleep. I went in my room and locked the door. I quickly changed into my blue 'See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil' emoji sweatshirt, black joggers, and purple NIKE Air Force 1's. I grabbed my car keys and ran down the stairs. My mom was already outside leaning against the car with her sunglasses on. She is truly a bad ass.