The New Girl

"I Didn't Come For A Fight
But I Will Fight Till The End
And This One Might Be A Battle
Might Not Turn Out Okay"
                  Fall Out Boy x Irresistible
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          •Nolen "Glizzy" Pryor•

   I woke up this morning to my phone buzzing. I picked it up and I had a message from Christian.

👿🏈😎: Happy 17th nigga. U still a youngin -Read 7:02 a.m.

Stfu🙄 but thnx -Read 7:02 a.m.

I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen. Imani was making breakfast and when she saw me she came and gave me a hug.

"Happy birthday, baby bro!" Imani cheered.

"Thanks. What's all this?" I asked looking at the table.

"Breakfast. Made specially for the 17 year old. And of course, a 5 year old that will throw a tantrum if she doesn't get any. Could you go wake her up?"

"Yeah."

I took a piece of bacon and went to Taylor's room. Her door was open but she wasn't in there. I looked at my room door and it was closed and I don't remember closing it. I opened it and Taylor screamed, "Happy birthday!"

Real shit, that gave me a heart attack. I ran my hands down my face and hugged Taylor. She handed me a card and I read it aloud.

"'To the best uncle in the world. You are there for me when I need you and there when I don't. You kiss my scratches and scare the bad people away. I love you!!! Love, Taylor.'"

I could tell this was Taylor's handwriting even thought it's very neat for a 5 year old. I closed the card and Taylor was looking up at me with a huge smile. I smiled back and high fived her. She ran in front of me and went to the kitchen. I put the card down on my dresser and went into the kitchen to eat breakfast. I said grace then started eating.

   It was the best damn breakfast in my life, to be honest. When I was finished, I went to take a shower and brush my teeth. After I did that I put on black True Religion jeans, a white t-shirt, and timberlands. I grabbed my bookbag, phone, and keys then left. It was only 7:44 and school didn't start until 8:25, so I decided to take Taylor to school. We got in the car and I pulled off.

   Taylor took the chance of us being in the car together to sing Happy Birthday as loud as she could in my ear.

"How 'bout we just listen to actual music." I said, plugging in the AUX cord.

"Fine. Can you put on 'Formation' then 'Work' then 'Sorry'?" Taylor asked sitting back in her seat.

I sighed and out 'Formation' on. She listens to the same songs every freaking day. Finally, before 'Work' came on, I pulled into her school's parking lot. We got out the car and walked in. I took her to her classroom and signed her in. When I looked up, Taylor was walking over to a girl who was hugging someone who looked my age.

Taylor waved at both of them, then pointed at me. The little girl was Taylor's friend, but I had never seen the girl she was hugging, only her mom or dad. Taylor came over and gave me a hug before going back over. I left the building and started driving to school. I got to school at 8:15, giving me ten minutes to get to class.

When I got out the car another person was getting out their car a few cars down. I started walking and so did the person. Both of us made eye contact with each other and when we did neither of us could believe it.