Wish You Were Here

"They're Singing 'Deck The Halls'
But It's Not Like Christmas At All
Cause I Remember When You Were Here And All The Fun We Had Last Year"
  Mariah Carey x Baby Please Come Home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              •Carter "C" James•

"Hurry up, so we can go to the post office." I heard my mom whisper.

"It's like 9:00 at night. Why would they be open?" I asked, also whispering.

"There's one that stays open until 10. We need to hurry up."

"Fine."

    I slipped on my new UGG's I got for Christmas and went to my moms car. We were whispering because Drew was upstairs, and we had to send a Christmas gift out to my dad. Drew doesn't want us talking to my dad, so that's why we had to hurry up. We got in my moms car, and she drove as fast as she could to the post office. When we got there, we got the package and ran into the office. We patiently waited to be in front of the line, to give to them.

"Hi. What will you be sending today?" The man asked.

"Just this package." My mom said.

"Ok. Thank you!"

    We nodded and went to the car. My stomach growled and I looked out the window. I was not only hungry, but pissed because Drew doesn't even let us go to Atlanta to visit my dad for the holidays. Drew has family here, so we went to see them, but it was horrible. His entire family smoked and drank. The entire house stank, and had roaches. There wasn't any wifi, and they literally had porn playing on the tv. I was sick to my stomach and didn't eat at all. That's why I was hungry now. I'm shocked my dad hasn't taken my mom to court, because he by law gets to see me whenever he chooses, but anytime he calls the house Drew somehow gets the phone and tells him to stop calling. If it were up to me I would be with my dad all the time (just to be away from Drew, not my mom).

"Can we stop at Burger King or something?" I asked.

"We have food at the house."

"I know, but you know how Drew gets. He doesn't let me eat anything after 8:30."

"What time is it?"

"9:15. We have plenty of time."

"Fine."

    Luckily we were passing a Five Guys.
I praised Jesus because Five Guys is my favorite restaurant, and my mom was pulling into the parking lot. When we walked in there wasn't really a line, so we got our food quickly. We sat down at a table and started eating.

"I never got to ask, how was your date with your little friend?" Mom asked, taking one of my french fries.

"It wasn't a date, I was just getting to know him. But overall it was fine. There was just some old security guard who was making these remarks about light skin girls, and telling me to move my car. I played him, kept my parking spot, and looked good."

"Was he white?"

"Yeah."

"Let him make another remark about our melanin again. Then there will be a real problem."

"I also saw Drew there with some girl."

"Screw him. I don't care what he does anymore."

"Mom, just divorce him."

"No."

"Fine."

"I'm sorry. These past few Christmas' have sucked booty, because I know how much you want to see your dad."