Life's Like A Box Of Chocolate

"It's Not Your Fault I'm A Bitch,
I'm A Monster"
                     Nicki Minaj x Save Me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Layla "Lay" Grayson•

I was sitting at the lunch table by myself, trying to write my poem for my English class. We get out next Wednesday so this is the last grade getting out into our report cards. The poem is due tomorrow and I literally have nothing.

To get some inspiration I put in my earplugs and put on 'Ego' by Beyoncé. A whole two minutes went by and I still didn't have anything, because the boy I want to like my ego doesn't like it and I can't relate. I took my earplugs out and got up. I threw my trash out and took my notebook. I was going to go to the library since it was quieter in there since no one's usually in there and I didn't want to go outside and sweat my edges off.

Making my way to the top floor, I walked to the library. Like I predicted, no one was in here. Not even the librarian if we even have one. I say at a table and opened my notebook to the page I was writing on. Minutes had gone by and I realized my lunch break had been over almost fifteen minutes ago. I hurriedly got my stuff together and walked out. I ran downstairs to my locker and put my notebook on top of my locker while I unlocked it. When it unlocked I reached for my notebook and touched some dust while trying to get it. I grabbed my stuff for my next class and closed my locker. I sneezed and of course I felt the flow. I cursed inside my head and went back to my locker to get a pad. I went to the bathroom and when I walked in I heard throwing up. My first instinct was to leave and go to another bathroom but when the girl threw up again and started coughing like crazy I went to help her.

     I held her hair up as she started throwing up again. When she finally stopped she flushed the toilet and stood up. When she turned around both of us had the same facial expression when we saw each other.

"Thank you." Bria said as she walked by me to get to the sink.

"Need a toothbrush?" I asked.

"If you have one." Bria was barely talking above a whisper so I figured she was embarrassed which I would be too.

I went back to my locker and got one of the toothbrush and toothpaste packets I keep in my bookbag. Before I walked back to the bathroom I grabbed something else she may need. I went back to the bathroom and handed her the toothbrush and toothpaste.

"You can go back to class." Bria said.

She better not be trying to be rude because I don't have to be this nice to her.

"I'm already late, so fuck it. Plus I gotta piss."

I went into a stall and did my business. When I was finished I washed my hands and she was finishing brushing her teeth. I gave her a piece of gum and a pregnancy test. Bria looked at it then looked at me. She hesitantly took it then went inside the stall. I waited for her and when she and out there was an awkward silence.

"Why're you being nice to me?" Bria randomly asked.

"I can't be nice?" I asked sarcastically.

I don't think she could tell I was being sarcastic because she said, "Well we don't get along at all and we've fought each other before, so..." She trailed the sentence off but I knew what she meant. "And you flirt with my boyfriend." She added.