Chapter 24

*camilas pov*

The girl Shawn was with the other day runs out of the room and it looked like she was crying. "Why is she here?..wait it doesn't matter just think about what I said" I say and get up. "Camila I love you and I will never stop" he says holding my hands in his. "You really mean it?" I ask him. He nods. "I really do" he answers. I smile and look down. Suddenly he starts humming a familiar tune and I sing along.
[Verse 1:]
I'm standing here right in front of you
They still stay the same
Then i hear u say I love you
And my worries dissapear
Makes me wonder why i can't let it go
Theres no reason why i should feel alone
But i hide behind my skin afraid of what's within

[Chrous:]
It's my insecurity
It's not you it's me
I'm my worst enemy
It's my insecurity
Just wanna be perfect in your eyes
(perfect in your eyes)

[Verse 2:]
Now I know that you loved me for me
But its so hard
I've been hurt so many times
But you never lit the sky baby

Makes me wonder why i can't let it go
(i can't let it go)
There's no reason why I should feel alone
But I hide behind my skin
Afraid of what's within

[Chrous:]
It's my insecurity
It's not you it's me
I'm my worst enemy
It's my insecurity
Just wanna be perfect in your eyes
(perfect in your eyes)

[Bridge:]
All I really want is love
All I really need is
He's all mine
So tell me why im so lost baby
Of something i already had yeahh

[chorus:]
It's my insecurity
It's not you it's me
I'm my worst enemy
It's my insecurity
Just wanna be perfect in your eyes
(perfect in your eyes)

"Shawn I can't explain how happy I am right now. To be here, finally with you" I say. He smiles, "I'm glad it finally happened but I want to make it official" he says and kneels down on one knee. "I know it might be a bit too soon and no I'm not proposing yet. It's a promise ring" he says, "because this time I want it to be for real."

*6 months later*

*shawns pov*

It's been almost a year since I released handwritten and 6 months since I started dating Camila again. It's all been good ever since we got together. Hailee is dating my friend nick and I released my second album "strong".
Tonight is the release party and I'm going to propose to Camila. It makes me so nervous just to think about it.

*camilas pov*

It's shawns release party and we are going to announce that we are in fact dating and that we have been since 6 months ago. I'm very nervous and excited. No one besides hailee and nick know this. I'm going to be wearing a white and gold gown with gold heels and a gold watch that Shawn got me for our 6 month anniversary. Shawn has been working so hard on this album and I'm glad to spend time with him now before he goes on tour again.

*10 minutes before proposal*

"Let's give a big hand to Shawn mendes" says the dj. Shawn walks on stage and I stand in the crowd. His smile is so bright and beautiful. "Thanks guys for being here tonight and supporting me on my new album. I have been working so hard and I'm completely satisfied with the results. Apart from my new album I have more news. I would like to confirm that Camila and I have been dating for 6 months now." *everyone claps and some people gasp murmuring between themselves* "Camila come here" he says and helps me on the stage with him. All eyes are on us and he kneels down on one knee. "Camila I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're so special to me, I wouldn't be able to live without you. Baby will you marry me?" He asks taking out an expensive looking ring. It's so beautiful and the moment feels so precious. I start crying and nod my head unable to process any words. He slips the ring on my finger and kisses me. I kiss him back and everyone is clapping. I can't believe this is happening. It's the best moment of my life.