Chapter 36

As I walk behind them I see him. "Daddy" says Eleanor and Audrey runs into his arms. I smile, that's her first word. Shawn hugs them and puts his luggage down to pick them up. "You've gotten so big" he says. I look at Shawn, "so you're finally here?" I say. He looks at me and smiles. "I missed you" he says and embraces me. " Shawn we need to talk" I say. "What's wrong" he asks. "Can we do this privately, not in front of them" I say motioning to Audrey and Eleanor. He nods and I take them outside to Normani and Ally. As I walk back inside I see Shawn with a huge bouquet of red roses. My favorite. I smile. "Shawn I'm serious, we had an argument and we need to talk about it" I say. "We are going to talk about" he says. "I really want to fix things with you, I missed you and the argument was nothing. I was tired and unable to think. You know how tours are" he finishes and I have already put the flowers into a glass vase. "i want them to have a dad who will be there with them all the time, they deserve to have a normal life." i say. he nods and gets up from the couch. "i completely understand and that's why i have made a decision." he says. "what?" i ask. "i'm going to quit." he says. i'm shocked. music is his life and he's willing to quit for us? "are you crazy? you love to make music and i don't want us to be the one's to force you to quit doing something you love" i say. he shakes his head. "Camila there is nothing i love more than my family. i don't can't put music over you guys." he answers. "okay well Shawn i can't force you to change your mind. do what you want, its your career anyway." i say and walk towards the door to the backyard. "Camila i'm doing this for us. for you. don't be like this. i'm trying to make this work but you're so difficult." he says. i sigh, "i'm sorry, its just i don't want to take music away from you. i know you've loved to make music since you were little and i wouldn't be able to look at myself knowing it was my fault you don't do what you love anymore" i say. "i'm still going to produce music, i just wont be able to promote it all the time. i'd be home most of the time. but i would still make music" he answers. "you don't know how much i appreciate you. for trying to make our relationship work." i say and we lock lips."woah, okay don't forget this is a little kids birthday party. lets keep it PG here" says Ally and Dinah laughs. i just smile and pick Audrey up. Shawn picks Eleanor up and i smile. "today is a great day. not just for our little girls' birthday party but i also have an announcement." i say. just when i'm about to say something else there is a knock at the door.

*Shawn's pov*

"ill get it" i say handing Eleanor to Normani. i jog to the door and swing it open. "hey guys. missed me?" says the person i never thought i'd ever see again. "Lauren?" whispers a shocked Camila......

A/N: oh...cliffhanger..5 comments and ill update as soon as possible....- love, Kendall.