Chapter 32

"But why can't we go with you?" Declan whined as he climbed onto the bed.

"Because I'm pretty sure the Underworld is no place for a child." I grumbled as I reached around him to grab one of the shirts that I had lying neatly on the bed.

"But it would be so fun!" Was his reply. I stopped what I was doing to shoot him the 'Are you serious?' look.

"We're going to the Underworld, the one filled with death, pain, and immortal prisoners who are constantly tortured and you think it would be fun?" I asked quizzically.

"Yup!" He replied popping the P.

"Well I don't want to go. It sounds scary..." Came Owen's soft reply from his place on the bed.

I looked over at him for a second. He had been a lot quieter lately and I didn't want to leave if there was something wrong with him. I didn't care if I was shifting into some ungodly beast I didn't want Owen to be hurting unnecessarily while I was gone.

"Don't worry because neither of you are going. You're both going back to stay with Damien's family until we get back and I expect you on your best behavior while we're gone." Threatened Mateus.

"Fine..." Declan grumbled crossing his arms over his chest.

"Don't worry, one day when everything is calmer and we have a chance to plan it out I'll take you down there and you can see where I grew up." Mateus told him which seemed to have brightened up his mood.

"Really?" He chirped sounding genuinely excited.

"Yeah but only if you're on your best behavior while we're gone." He added with a smirk playing at his lips.

"I will be! I promise!" Declan replied adamantly.

"Alright now go make sure everything is packed because we leave soon." I told the both of them.

Immediately they both jumped off the bed rushing from the room giggling about whatever it was that kept their attention this week. Shaking my head as I watched them push pass Imani who was just coming in the room I continued packing the clothes that I needed.

"What are they so excited about? Last time I check Declan was pestering you to go on the trip with us." Imani asked.

"Well Mateus promised that he would take them down there when it was safer so he perked up a bit. Unfortunately I now look like the bad daddy." I teased, narrowing my eyes at him playfully.

"Mmm...You can be my bad daddy any day." Imani teased as he came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his nose in the crook of my neck. He gently rocked us back and forth as his hips pressed forward eliciting a moan from me.

"I'm sure we don't have time for that." Damien announced as he came through the door.

"Meh...We might have a little time." Imani responded flashing him a toothy grin.

"No I think Damien's right. You guys don't have time for that nor do I want to be anywhere in the vicinity when it happens." A deep voice rang out in our room causing Imani to growl lowly in his throat and turn to face whoever it was that intruded on our private moment.

Alric stood at the door looking somewhat displeased as he watched us. His eyes darted down to where Imani was holding me tenderly and then back up to my face. I could tell that he was still slightly uncomfortable with the whole thing but at least for his son's sake he had apologized and was trying to adjust.

"You're here because...?" Imani asked as he stepped around me towards the other side of the bed where he picked up a few clothes that I had folded and tossed them at me.