Chapter 5

My feet hit the ground as fast as they could as I put some distance between me and the house. My mind was racing as my feet carried me further from the people that I trusted with my life. Maybe I was overreacting and maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh with them but it was just how I felt.

To be honest I felt betrayed.

My feet dug into the soft earth quicker as I picked up the pace. The feeling of the wind blowing against my face as I moved easily through the forest felt good. Running like this helped to clear my mind of whatever had been bothering me. But this was all new to me. Coming to a stop my eyes narrowed as I tried to peer into the darkness.

Looking around I didn't even know where I was or how long I had been running. All I knew was that I was away from that house. Although I felt guilty for acting like that I knew that I needed to get away before I said something ten times worse.

I was surrounded by trees on all sides. The soft sounds of a stream nearby caused my feet to walk in that direction. Staring down into the water my body collapsed, falling to the ground. Hot tears streamed down my face as everything that I've ever kept in came flooding out.

It wasn't just what they told me but that was a major part of it. It was just hard to picture all this going on while I was just a baby. My father tried to kill my brother, whose boyfriends are demi-gods, with help from my uncle who is also a demi-god.

If all this is true it means that all the myths were true. Everything that I learned about in school about Zeus, Hades, Poseidon. Well I guess that's the plus side. I could probably meet all these gods that I've loved for years.

"Are you alright?"

Spinning around I came face to face with Hermes. I should have known that there would be no way to get away from him. He could always find me no matter what. Without answering him I turned back around and stared down at the flowing water below my feet.

Of course they would send him out to get me. When we were little we banned him from playing hide and seek with us because there was no place that we could go that he wouldn’t find us. Now that I know who he really is it makes sense. Not only that but he owes me years’ worth of god free hide and seek.

"Listen I know it's a lot to take in but they only lied because they loved you."

"I'm sure in your mind that made sense just now but in reality you don't lie to someone you love."

"So you've never lied to them before?"

"They taught me that as long as I told the truth before it was a new day then all would be forgiven. That's what I've always done. If they asked a question I told them the truthful answer and if I didn't do it right then I would make sure they knew before it was the next day."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Well then that makes this whole lecture I had planned garbage." He said lightly causing me to crack a smile.

"I'm not all that mad at them. Don't get me wrong I AM mad but not that much. I just wish they would have told me about this sooner."

"They didn't want you growing up thinking that you were different from all the other kids or somehow you letting it slip that you're the brother of a demi-god and then having to move you away from all your friends. In their minds this was the best way to keep you safe and happy."

"Yeah I understand you."

"So what are we going to do now?"

"Well first we're going to go home and then tomorrow someone is going to take me to do some god type shit."