Chapter 38

"Daddy?" Owen's soft voice echoed in my mind pulling me from my dream.

Mentally I groaned as I awoke knowing that there were only certain reasons for either of the boys to be waking me up this early. Either there was some sort of problem, they were hungry and Damien burnt something, or...Well those were the only reasons I could think of at the time.

"Hmm?" I questioned half awake as I opened my eyes sleepily.

Shifting my body so that I was resting on my elbows I stared at the two boys who were standing besides the bed. Declan stood there with an annoyed look on his face as Owen stood next to him with his eyebrows furrowed.

He had his arms crossed over his chest and he was pouting. Declan's lips were quirked up in a smirk because he knew exactly why Owen was in here standing on the side of the bed looking down at us like he was.

"Everybody is still sleeping but there's nothing to eat in here." He whined with a sniffle to add dramatic effect.

"Ask Damien." I groaned as my elbows slipped from beneath me and I laid back down on the bed.

"He told us to come to you." Declan laughed.

"Damien!" I called out in a hoarse morning voice.

"What? I'm right next to you. Why are you screaming?" He groaned as he shifted next to me.

"You told them to wake me to make food." I replied angrily rolling over to glare at him.

Damien barely cracked one eye open and glanced at me sleepily. He smirked before pulling me forward into his arms. His large arms wrapped around me tightly and I found myself sighing as I buried my face in his chest before realizing that both boys were still in the room watching us and waiting for food.

"We don't want me to cook, I'll burn down the house and I think we all know that." Damien laughed as I pulled away from him.

It was quite true. He had a way of burning even the easiest of breakfasts when it came to him making them. Cereal? Burned. Toast? Charred to cinders. Muffins that didn't even need to be cooked? Half the kitchen set ablaze. Even orange juice that he had taken from the fridge somehow managed to set the fire alarms off.

"Exactly and we'll all be hungry soon enough." Declan spoke up.

"Alright." I groaned.

With as much effort as I could muster I rolled over towards my other mate who hadn't even budged when the boys climbed into the bed. His hair was covering half of his face but his slow, even breathing let me know that he was definitely still asleep. Poking his chest I waited for him to growl before I stopped.

"What do you want?" He grumbled as his eyes opened lazily.

Even early in the morning he looked absolutely amazing. His hazel eyes shinned in the morning's light and momentarily I was at a loss for words. I wasn't exactly sure what it was that I was supposed to be talking to him about but when he closed his eyes for a second I took that as my one opportunity to get it out before I was mesmerized again.

"We need food in the house and lots of it." I told Imani.

"So send Damien." He groaned as he ran his fingers through his hair, pushing it out of his face completely.

"I would but you know he needs adult supervision." I mock-whispered.

"Hey!" Damien protested from the other side of me.

"It's true." Mateus laughed sleepily from other side of Imani, who simply groaned again from all the interruptions to his sleep.

"Well since we're all awake now I guess we can all go shopping and stuff." Owen cheered.