Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Nicholai's POV

Lounging in the room that I woke up in I claimed it as my own stretching out lazily on the bed just staring at the cieling. I had roamed the entire house yesterday trying to find something to do without having to leave the house. Mateus was in and out of the house throughout the day but he barely said anything to me regardless of the fact that I tried desperately to talk to him.

After breakfast yesterday he pretty mcuh just shut himself up in the room. Whenever he did come out it was only to go outside and then he'd be back in maybe an hour later. He was so secretive. Besides breakfast I hadn't seen him at all yesterday and now here I am in my room staring at a ceiling.

I don't actually know what to do out here. The only person that I remotely know is Mateus and he refused to take me out today. Surrounded on all sides by nothing but forest I refused to go out there and try to find my way around.

A door slamming downstairs alerted me to the fact that Mateus was back in the house. Sighing heavily I closed my eyes as the sounds around me seemed to drift dreamily into the house. A loud knock on my door brought me from my thoughts.

"Come in."

Opening my eyes I stared at the door where Mateus was standing with a stern look on his face. Well he looks mad about something. Running through everything that I did today I tried to make sure that it wasn't me who did something to piss him off.

"I've changed my mind. I'm going to take you out later so you need to get ready."

"Umm...okay. Thanks?"

"No thanks needed. I'm only doing it so that you won't be around the house to mess up anything."

"Well I can already tell that this will be an interesting place to live for a while."

Leaving the room he walked down the hall without another word. There was something different about him. I couldn't place it but I knew for a fact that there was something very different about him. The was an aura about him that just screamed secrets.

Soft thuds filled the room as I padded over to the door lazily. Nudging the door with my foot it closed with a light bang. Trudging back over to the bed I dropped face down on the bed breathing heavily into the covers.

I definitely wanted to just pass out right now unfortunately if I wanted to figure out this little town I was going to have to go out with Mateus. Flipping over in the bed my eyes wandered back to the ceiling but my thoughts drifted elsewhere. I wondered what Jace and Andre were doing without me. I wandered about my family and how what they were doing right now.

What troubled me the most was that I even thought about Imani and Damien. I thought about how protective they were of me and I thought about what that might mean to me. I thought of why I was thinking about them right now. Then I remembered the few times that I did spend with them and I shocked myself to feel a smile growing on my face.

If they weren't so touchy feely with me and they weren't so possessive we could have been good friends. Imani seemed like the type to be calm in any type of situation while Damien gave off a more free spirited vibe. With him anything could happen.

Shaking my head of those thoughts I jumped up out of bed rushing to the bathroom. If I was going out to a new town I think that making a good impression would be the best choice. Who knows there could be some girls out there just waiting for someone like me.

Rushing through a shower I quickly ran my fingers through my hair smoothing it back. Pulling on a fitted black short sleeved V-neck and some jeans I walked out the bathroom and towards the media room. Plopping down in one of the plush chairs I relaxed into it as I picked up the controller for one of the games and began to play.