Chapter 44

It's been two weeks since I’ve been home and steadily we've been setting up our trap for Sergei. He thinks he's invincible but he doesn't know that we're more than ready for him this time. Nyx had laid a covering of darkness over our city and my brothers and uncles had steadily been buying out and convincing the town’s people to leave the neighboring town so that there wouldn't be anyone for hundreds of miles on end.

I knew that it wouldn't be long before I would have to shift again but I was still very hesitant. If I tried shifting and nothing happened that would be the end of it. It would solidify the idea that I was no longer anything special.

"Babe stop thinking so hard about this. When the time comes we'll fight with everything we have in us and we'll win." Damien assured me as he walked around the room looking for one of his shirts.

"But what if we don't win? Then what?" I shot back.

"Don't think like that. We will." Imani told me as he walked into the room holding out a red shirt.

Damien snatched the shirt out his hand and growled playfully at him as Imani sashayed past him. Shaking his head at their foolishness Mateus walked into the room and sat down on the bed beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to his side.

"Nick, you can't think like that because if you do then we'll lose from the start." He told me.

"You need to just calm down, alright?" Imani questioned as he walked over to the closet.

"How about we find you something to do while we wait for Sergei to come and get destroyed?" Damien questioned.

"Like what?" I questioned.

"How about we go see your mom and the kids?" Damien suggested and my heart soared at the idea.

We had shipped the kids off to go live with my mom about a week ago. We managed to convince Aphros, Bythos and Aiden to go back and help mom until Sergei came here. We talked to Rue, Kaya, Owen and Declan but we haven't seen them in a week.

 "I vote yes for that one." I smiled widely jumping up from the bed.