Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Nicholai's POV

After we piled into our separate vehicles we all drove to Mateus restaurant. Parking down by the creepy park we walked in partial silence down the sidewalk with everyone staring at us like we were some sort of aliens. Hale and Damien were talking and I swear they were talking about me. Kai, Aiden, and Bythos were trying to get me to tell them how I was dealing with having three mates. Well Kai and Aiden were actually trying to get me to tell them how they were in bed which only made me feel like I was going to die. Thankfully it didn't take long to get to the restaurant.

"Good evening Sir and welcome to-" He stopped mid-sentence when he realized that I was standing in front of him yet again. His welcoming personality quickly faded into one of fear when he saw Damien and Imani behind me. Mateus seeing the change in his demeanor stepped forward reassuring him that we were all indeed with him and weren't there to cause any problems.

"James I need my section closed off from the rest of the restaurant and I want you to make sure that we are kept happy but not overwhelmed the entire night understood?"

James nodded his head as he quickly led us to the table me and Mateus had eaten at previously except there were no other people in our section this time and heavy red curtains that I hadn't seen before were drawn separating us from the rest of the patrons.

"Well this is a gorgeous place Mateus." My mother spoke to which he smiled brightly.

"Thank Sarah I'm glad that you like it." He spoke softly.

Sitting down Imani made sure that he was next to me and then on the other side was Damien as usual with Mateus next to him. Everyone else pushed tables closer to where we were sitting, dragging chairs around the makeshift family table that was now long enough to seat all fifteen nineteen of us.

Looking out over the table I was happy to see everyone but I knew that Damien and Imani's fathers still didn't like the situation we were in. Their mothers, I could tell were warming up to the idea but they were still a bit worried about it which was understandable. I just wanted us to be happy and I wanted all of our families to be happy for us.

A loud clinking sound interrupted my thoughts. Looking up I saw Devon standing there with his glass in one hand and a knife in the other with a big cheesy grin on his face. Putting down the glass he looked down at Jenny who was staring up at him dreamily before addressing the rest of the table.