27. Cards

Pricilla's POV

Everyone was asleep apart from me. I lay on the sofa staring into the ceiling and letting philosophical questions plague my head.

Suddenly a reel of images flashed before my vision:

The first:
Dad with his eyes completely black. There was a dark entity around him. Engulfing him in dark smoke.

The second:
Esme pinned to a ceiling screaming for help with a fire spreading across her body.

The third:
Sam tied up on a chair of red velvet. A satanic figure was behind him tempting him with something.

The fourth:
Alex hiding behind a solid black object carrying a baseball bat and surrounded by a deep purple mist.

The last:
Me sitting on a throne of skulls and bones. My black dress cascading down the mounting of skeletons that I'm sitting on.

Then it occurred to me that each the images had words printed on the top of them like tarot cards.

Evil

Demon

Satan

Violence

Death

Sometimes I get these weird things happen. I can't make sense of them straight away but they always mean something.

I found a pencil and pad, and began to draw the cards as best I could.

I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable with what I saw.

Evil
Demon
Satan
Violence
Death

None are very positive. And none of them is a good sign.