41. Words With Gods Son

Deans POV:

I woke up still in incased in castiel's warm trench coat. I stretched and nuzzled into him. He hugged me tighter and dragged his fingers roughly through my hair.

I had only woken up with castiel once before and let me tell you it was a late night.

Sam stirred in the other bed and shifted his weight to the opposite side of the bed masking a loud creak. Sam jolted awake and jumped into combat mode.

When he saw Cas and I he just raised his eyebrow and left. I just cuddled back up to my fallen angel and fell back into a slight slumber.

Sam POV

After seeing dean and Cas snuggled up together it briefly reminded me of jess. Although I promptly shook it out of my mind I couldn't help feeling sad and hurt but I had to carry on. Jess was never coming back and I needed to accept that.

I trotted down the stairs at the same time as Esme coming up. She didn't talk to me, she just acted as if I wasn't even there. I was about to say something but quickly decided against it. The smallest thing might bring everything back up again, and we could all do with not dealing with that.

I entered the kitchen as Tyler was setting down plates of eggs and bacon. "You made breakfast?" I yawned.

Tyler looked up "yeah, force of habit back home." He chuckled. "And why not make breakfast for the Winchesters?" He said.

"Not arguing with that." I said tucking Into one of the plates.

Shortly after, everyone else lumped down and ate. The air was still tense between Esme and I but we both got on with it. We had to.

Dean and I didn't speak for years at one point so I can handle not talking to Esme for a week or so. She will realise that I was right and apologise. She always does.

After breakfast I began to clear the plates when, Cas grabbed my arm and brought me into the lounge.

"What is it, Cas?" I asked leaning on the back of the sofa.

"I want you to make it up to Esme." He said sternly.

"I am in the right here, Cas" I said surprised.

"After what has happened she needs her big brother, Sam." The angel said looking into my eyes.

"Well.... Uh.... Don't tell me how to be a brother." I stammered.

"When I brought her back she looked really scared, Sam. She needs you. Pricilla needs you too. You can't just close your self in a little box every time this happens." Cas said.

"I will do what I can to help, Cas, but I can't help if they don't want it." I said before walking back to the kitchen and putting the dishes away.