Chapter 4: The Date

For some fucking reason, everything went black for a few seconds then I could see again, I was now standing in front of a wooden house with large windows and Papyrus was smiling wide at me but Sans was nowhere to be found. He peered really close at me and his eye sockets were gleaming again. Wait, did anyone see what happened in the last chapter? What was it? Time Skip?

"ARE YOU READY FOR OUR DATE, HUMAN??" He yelled again.

"Wait, you were serious??"

"OF COURSE!! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS ALWAYS SERIOUS!" He placed his hands on his hip bones and popped his hip to the side like a diva, he may have been trying to be serious but he sure didn't look like it.

"So, you wouldn't mind going out with a guy?"

"OF COURSE NOT! WHY WOULD I? I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT."

"It's just. . ." wait, if he doesn't know then maybe things are different down here, "never mind."

"IS SOMETHING TROUBLING YOU, HUMAN?" He said with a tad concern.

"No! No. . .lets just get this date started huh?" I smiled awkwardly.

He didn't seem to mind my eagerness, in fact, his was worse than mine, he tugged my hand, tucked it in the crook of what would be his arm and walked off with me in tow. It was futile to struggle since he was a lot stronger than me even if he was a pile of bones, so I just let him tag me along, we passed a building that said 'Librarby', the guy who made the sign had one job. . .

We continued walking, well more like him pulling and me barely keeping up until we stopped at a place named 'Grillby's', it was a wooden building and you could feel the heat radiating from it, at least we were going someplace warm.

"HERE WE ARE, HUMAN!" He stopped suddenly and I bumped into his side, "I DON'T NORMALLY COME IN HERE BECAUSE OF ALL THE GREASE BUT I HEARD THE 'KING CLONE' SAY IT WOULD BE IDEAL TO TAKE YOU SOMEPLACE WARM AND FRIENDLY! SO I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND!" He gleamed again.

'King clone'? I wonder who that is.

"I don't mind." I shrugged.

He squealed and moved suddenly again, yanking me inside, the immediate warmth of the place contrasted with the cold of outside drastically, there weren't many people inside but it was still a bit rowdy. I looked around and saw a sad bunny with his/her head on the table at a booth on the right, a yellow plant thing sitting in the booth behind them with a frown, on the center-left there was a poker table with four dogs playing cards, a relatively big one was wearing big dark silver armour with a goofy grin on his face, one looked like he was a gambit and kept moving his head from side to side and the last two were wearing long black cloaks that covered their faces but they kept bumping snouts lovingly at each other.

At the back of the diner were a drunk duck with purple bags under his/her eyes and a fish man with blue bags under his eyes, both looked thoroughly drunk though and were sitting at the bar. He pulled me to an empty booth on the left side and let me sit down first before he sat on the opposite side, his smile seemed to be bigger and his cheeriness was getting brighter but I was the opposite. I kept my hood on my head and kept hiding my face and making myself small, I never liked crowds.

"IS SOMETHING WRONG, HUMAN??" He said, his concern returning. For someone I met a few minutes ago he seemed really worried about me, was this how he always is?

"I'm fine, really."

"DO YOU NOT LIKE GRILLBY'S? IS IT THE DATE? OR MAYBE YOU REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO GO OUT WITH ME. . ." He sulked slightly at the last part and his smile started to frown, if that was even possible, his eyes looked like they were about to trickle.