Chapter 6: Working At Grillby's

"Y/N NOOOO!!!!! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!! THE GREAT PAPYRUS DEMANDS YOU TO NOT DO THIS!!!"

"'The 'Great Papyrus' cannot demand me to do anything." I said with an eye roll, "he has to accept what I'm gonna do."

"NOOOOOOO!!!! I HAVE BEEN BETRAYED!!!!!" Papyrus groaned loudly.

I decided to find a job here in Snowdin, yeah I haven't explored everywhere yet and only been here for a few days but I'm restless and can't stay in the house all day or wander the streets like a homeless person. Nah, I have too much class for that shit. I searched around and the only place that was hiring was Grillby (yeah, the fire guy), I don't have anything against the guy, in fact, its the complete opposite. Besides Pap, Sans, Toriel, Frisk and Undyne (yes, her too) he's like a close friend. He may be quiet and such but who isn't? No, I don't have the hots for him so don't even go there.

Papyrus felt betrayed that I would rather spend my time with Grillby in his 'grease trap' than do puzzles with him, cause being outside in the bitter cold for countless hours doing puzzles is better than being someplace warm with food you can actually eat. . .don't tell Pap I said that.

Papyrus held onto my waist and relaxed himself so his full weight dragged on the ground as I tried to make my way to the door, Jesus how can skeleton be so heavy? There's no meat on those bones!! Today I was supposed to meet Grillby at the diner before it opens but Papyrus has been difficult since before I woke up, Sans was on the couch laughing at us. The bastard didn't even bother to help me! He just stared at us with a comical grin and chuckled harder.

"Let go, Pap!"

"NEVER!!!!!"

"If you don't I'll drag you through the snow in the bitter winds."

"I DON'T CARE!! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS NOT AFFECTED BY THE COLD WIND!!"

"Why? Because they-" I smirked.

"DON'T YOU DARE!!!!"

"Blow right through you?" I snickered.

He made a dying whale noise and flopped to the ground, holding his head in despair as Sans laughed harder, "THAT WAS TERRIBLE!!"

"What? I thought it was ice." Sans pipped in.

"I snow, right? He can't always be this frosty with our puns." I laughed harder when Papyrus groaned again.

Using my freedom, I made my way to the door and went outside, chuckling to myself as I heard Papyrus groan again but louder. Sans probably said another ice joke.

I walked the path to Grillby's, tucking my hands in my hoodie pockets, a little armless dinosaur monster was playing with Frisk in the snow, laughing and rolling about in the white fluff. They looked really happy, their faces were red and they couldn't stop smiling, not sure if its because of the cold but I ship them.

When I got to Grillby's it was still closed, the light was on but I couldn't see anyone inside and the door wouldn't budge, I wonder where he is. I stood outside with my back facing the door, enjoying the warmth that still radiated from the diner, the orange glow stretching far from the establishment itself. My thoughts started to drift to the flame man, for some reason I feel like I met him before, like a long lost friend or something more. . ?

I don't know.