Chapter 19: Gill-Friends

You're in Waterfall again heading to Undyne's house with Papyrus, you already explained what happened in the judgement hall but not who you met or about the timelines. As you promised to Sans.

"Y/N, I AM SO GLAD YOU DECIDED TO GIVE UNDYNE ANOTHER CHANCE, EVEN AFTER SHE TRIED TO KILL YOU AND ALL." He smiles nervously. You smile and hug his arm more, making him blush bright orange which only makes you giggle at him.

You pass Kid on the way there, he's on his way to Blooky's house and decides to tag along, jumping up and down and competing with Papyrus' hyperness with his own energetic self. They're at a stalemate to be honest but it's cute. After a while, you three arrive at the turn off to Blooky's where Kid runs off after saying goodbye. Papyrus keeps leading you until you arrive at another turnoff, there's a house that's in the shape of a fish, it looks like Undyne. Blue walls, sharp teeth in the shape of a door, gills, long hair(?) as a roof. The works.

He knocks on the door loudly and frantically, yelling her name at the top of his lungs until she comes, you're certain he's going to break the door that is until your almost killer opens the door with an annoyed look on her face.

"PAPYRUS!! What in Asgore's name do you want??" She seems ticked.

"UNDYNE!! YOU'RE HERE, MARVELOUS!!! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WAS JUST ESCORTING Y/N TO YOUR HOME TO >HANG OUT<" He smiles proudly, bringing you more into view, you're nervous as hell.

When she sees you her annoyed smile twitches and looks forced, her murderous glint returns to her eye, the same one she had when she ran after you. You feel a shiver go up your spine.

"Why would he want to 'hang out' with me?" She growls slightly.

"HE LIKES YOU SO HE WANTED TO SPEND TIME WITH YOU." He says bluntly.

You swear your heart almost stopped when he said that, he said it like an oblivious dad who embarrasses their child unintentionally, Undyne looks like she's about to pass out and her scowl looks even more forced. . .are her cheeks darker?

"W-Whatever! Just come in already!" She sidesteps to let you guys in.

Papyrus squeals and pulls you in with a sudden jerk, the inside of her house is simple and blue, having what you would normally find in a home only that the living room and the kitchen are kind of merged.

"I don't even understand why you're with him Papyrus, we're supposed to kill humans for their souls, not befriend them." She groans.

"AS I SAID BEFORE, THIS HUMAN IS NICE AND FRIENDLY AND ONE OF MY >BEST FRIENDS<!" Somehow that hurts more than you thought it should, sure he may not remember the other timelines (hell even you don't remember yourself) but it feels like you were so much more or at least you would've been, "AND EVERYONE LIKES HIM SO I DON'T SEE THE PROBLEM. . .UNLESS YOU ARE NOT AS WORTHY AS I THOUGHT TO BE FRIENDS WITH HIM." He says with a sly smirk on his face.

"WHAT???? OF COURSE I CAN BEFRIEND THE PUNY PUNK!"

'Puny'? Says the one who got her butt kicked by you. . .thank God you didn't say that out loud.

"OH REALLY? IT DOESN'T APPEAR THAT WAY."

Undyne captures your arm in a death grip and pulls you towards her, "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT WAY IT APPEARS!! ME AND THIS HUMAN WILL BECOME FRIENDS- NO, WE'LL BECOME BESTEST FRIENDS!! BESTIES!! JUST YOU WAIT PAPYRUS, WE'LL BE CLOSER THAN YOU EVER THOUGHT POSSIBLE, EVEN IF IT KILLS HIM!!!"

Wait what?

"I GUESS YOU'LL ACTUALLY HAVE TO DO IT FOR ME TO BELIEVE YOU UNDYNE, UNLESS YOU CAN'T STAY TRUE TO YOUR TITLE AS THE ROYAL GUARD! NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE SOME ERRANDS TO RUN!"