Chapter 17: Pink Encounters

You and Papyrus walk up to the building, passing two members of the Royal guard who block off a part of the crossroads that leads to an elevator apparently, the other part leads to a taxi of some sort as Papyrus described it but you don't want a taxi now, your destination is right in front of you after all. When you walk up to it the doors automatically open for you, was someone expecting you or are they just automated?

You two walk through nonetheless, the inside walls are just as pristine as the outside, there's a rather large monitor on a desk, two escalators going in the opposite direction, a door next to the ascending escalator and another door at the other side of the building. That must be the exit.

"Y/N? DO YOU HEAR THAT?" He says grabbing your hand subconsciously yet protectively, the incident with Undyne making him anxious.

You try to focus on listening so you can hear what he heard, it sounds like giggling and a soft snort, it sounds cute. You've heard that laugh before, you smile softly as you remember who it belongs to. You start to walk forward, pulling the hesitant and 'on edge' Papyrus with you as a short yellow chubby buckfanged dinosaur monster wearing a lab coat and thick round glasses, having her head buried in what appears to be manga. This scene is all too familiar to you, at least this is a happy sight.

"I wonder if Undyne will like this." She whispers to herself.

Papyrus clears his throat and makes the smol monster jump in surprise, "HELLO THERE!!" He pipes.

The manga almost drops from her hands as she stares at both of you, shock etches her features and surprise making her eyes bright, "w-who a-are y-you? W-when did you c-come i-in?" She stutters, she still has that cute stutter. Yay!

"I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AND Y/N, THE HUMAN, HAVE JUST ARRIVED LITTLE DINO MONSTER!! WE DIDN'T MEAN TO TRESPASS, I HOPE WE DIDN'T DISTURB YOU, WE ARE JUST LOOKING FOR THE WAY TO THE CORE." He smiles warmly.

She squeezes the manga to her chest tighter, blushing a bright yellow, "no! No! Y-you g-guys w-weren't dis-sturbing me!" She smiles nervously, "I-I w-wasn't p-paying attention. . .I-I'm Dr. Alphys b-by the way."

"YOU MEAN THE DOCTOR ALPHYS? ROYAL SCIENTIST?? WOWIE!!" Papyrus jumps up and down, "I DIDN'T KNOW THE ROYAL SCIENTIST WOULD BE SO CUTE, I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AN OLD GUY IN A TURTLENECK!!"

Alphys blushes at the compliment, a small smile pulling on her lips, that and her buckteeth making her cuter. You kneel down to her and smile softly.

*You ask her what she's reading, even though you already know what it is.

"T-this? O-oh it's j-just a-a book I f-found, b-but I-I don't know what it's c-called."

*You tell her it called a 'manga', the book form of an anime.

She gasps, "you know about anime??" Her eyes gleaming stars.

You nod, "oh my god! I can't believe someone else knows!! I thought it was only me and Undyne!" She smiles wider. You notice she stops stuttering when she's happy or confident. Adorable!

"I DON'T MEAN TO INTERRUPT BUT WHAT IS AN-"

*Clang!*

All of you stop suddenly, the ground vibrates under your feet. You stand up and step back to where Papyrus is, Alphys following too out of fear.

*You ask if anyone felt that.

*Clang!**Clang!*

"D-Did y-you hear th-that?"

*Clang!**Clang!**Clang!*

"WHAT IS THAT?" Papyrus pulls you close defensively.

*Repetitive metal clanging increasing*