Chapter 15: Fireman's Pub

The shiver continues when you feel a pair of hands on your shoulders, large and gloved, you stiffen under their hold on you, you feel scared although you knew whose hands they were. His breath pats the back of your neck, raising goosebumps in your skin, the hands drifts down to your arms ever so slowly, you can hear your heart beat with each second that passes.

Memories start to resurface again, those of that dammed flower, where he touched you was close to where the skeleton is touching you now. Hell, even the atmosphere is similar to that time with the flower. Your body tenses as you feel the urge to defend yourself. . .but. . .the person is different this time. You don't want to hurt him but those memories flash in your subconscious so fast your head starts to hurt.

You sniffle slightly, drawing Papyrus' attention to you in a more focused way, "HUMAN, WHATS WRONG?" He says in a concerned tone.

You sniffle harder and your body shakes in his grasp, he lets go of you and your knees buckle, your breaths are shaky and you tremble as you hug yourself. You hear his footsteps move from behind you and go towards the door, the light turns on and he runs back to your side.

"HUMAN! I'M SO SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO SCARE YOU!" He pats your back but that only makes you tremble more.

Although you're still shaken you have to ask him something, even if your hands are shaking violently.

*You ask him why he was behind you.

"UH. . .W-WELL. . .I-I'M A LITTLE EMBARRASSED TO SAY. . ." He looks away with a sigh but starts to speak again, "YOU SEE, I READ IN A DATING MANUAL FROM THE LIBRARY THAT WHEN YOU LIKE SOMEONE YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM COMFORTABLE. SOME MONSTERS PREFER THE DARK RATHER THAN LIGHTED AREAS SO I SUSPECTED YOU WERE THE SAME EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE HUMAN. IT SEEMS I HAVE FAILED AT MAKING YOU COMFORTABLE," he attempts to rub your back again, his touch burns against your skin but you let him touch you, "(PLUS YOUR SCENT IS VERY NICE. IT WAS QUITE INTOXICATING AND I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF) I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR WHAT I HAVE DONE, HUMAN. . .DO YOU HA-!"

You hug him tight, well more the armoured part of his body, weeping into his chest, he jolts but rubs your back and pats your head, shushing you softly for you to stop crying. He's warm, even through the armor, it's soothing. You two stay like that until you cry yourself to sleep, Papyrus picks you up bridal style and places you in his bed which has the frame of a race car, he's about to leave when he realizes you have an iron grip on his scarf.

He tries to pry your hand away but your grip only tightens. He sighs and undoes the scarf, wrapping it around you and you smile softly in your sleep. He tiptoes out the room, still gloomy about what just happened but smiles when he saw how happy you are now, it's late and he's rather tired so he thinks he will sleep with his brother and beg him for a bedtime story.

Time Skip!

When you wake up, your face feels puffy and your eyes burn, you sit up slowly, clutching your head as you look around the room you are in. It's a bedroom but whose? Oh wait- you're in Papyrus' room but where's Papyrus? Memories start to flood to you again, of last night. Oh no, Papyrus must think you're scared of him, damn flower! It's his fault you're all 'no touchie, no touch!' Emperor Kuzco style now!

You sit up slowly, your head spinning but you ignore it and get off the bed, making sure you still have the beanie on your head and your tail is tucked in. You walk out the bedroom (which was open) and onto the balcony, no one is in the living room but you hear clattering, from the kitchen maybe? You head downstairs and walk to the kitchen, finding Sans at the table and Papyrus at the stove.

"Hey kiddo," Sans waves, "good to see you're up, almost thought you were a lazybones like me." He winks.

You hear Papyrus groan but then he perks up when he sees you, "GOOD MORNING, HUMAN!!!" He runs to you and hugs you tight, you stiffen but relax and hug him back, "HOW ARE YOU FEELING?" You know he's talking about last night but it seems he hasn't told Sans.