Chapter 11: Betrayal

Oh no.

What's wrong dear?

Y/N is upset.

Why?

Something happened to the boy he liked but he won't tell me what.

I'm sure its nothing.

But he's so upset.

He's a child, these things will fly over his head and he'll be fine by tomorrow morning.

But-

Leave him, my love, he'll be fine.

. . .

"Y/N?" I shook awake, I was behind the bar at Grillby' daydreaming and the owner was snapping his fingers in front my face to get my attention, "you okay?"

"I'm fine." I faked a smile.

"Y'know," he said picking up another plate to clean, "you can't tell lies that well."

"You calling me a liar?"

"I'm not calling you a thruther."

I snickered hard, "you got that from Sans didn't you?"

"It stuck with me and I don't know why." He groaned.

I chuckled at him again and he joined in softly, "but all comedy aside, something is obviously bothering you, what is it?"

". . .I'm not entirely sure how to explain it. . ."

"Well its break time anyway so you can explain however you can." He said putting the glass down.

He flipped the towel onto his shoulder and gently pulled my hand, he pulled me to an empty booth, he let me sit down first before he sat on the other side. He held his head in his hands and smiled like a girlfriend waiting for the next gossip, "spill," he smiled.

I let out an airy chuckle with a slight smile, "alright alright. . .It started a few days ago. . ."

Memory Start!

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Mettaton asked.

Papyrus' jaw dropped and so did mine, the audience gasped loudly but a few people started to cheer, was he serious?

"UH, UH, WELL-"

"GREAT! We'll meet tomorrow at your house to make this official!!"

The crowd cheered and went rowdy as the show ended right then and there. I could hear the dial tone from the phone and the TV was back to its colored bar screen, Papyrus was still in shock, but I was pissed.

Memory Stop!

"Oh, so you're jealous." He smirked.