Chapter 16: The Undying Soldier

Papyrus finally puts you down after you two enter another part of Underground, he says it is called Waterfall. There's no snow, it appears you are in a cave and you can hear the sound of water echoing off the walls, to be honest this place is the most normal thing you have seen since you came here. Caves are always found underground, the concept of having weather underground is still bothering you but that is a puzzle for another day. You give him his scarf back although he protested, he said it looks good on you, but after some stern looks and pleading eyes you wrap the scarf around his neck. His face turned flush at how close you are but you didn't notice.

Papyrus is walking close beside you, telling you about how lazy his brother is and how he wants to join the Royal Guard so badly, Sans started a sock collection apparently. He needs to get one soul, a human soul, to join but doesn't want to give up yours, he knows what the Captain of the Royal Guard would do to you and he wants to keep you safe for as long as he can. He is determined!

"HUMAN, I'VE BEEN WONDERING," he says, breaking you away from your sinful thoughts of his hips again, "ARE YOU. . .STILL UPSET ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?" His tone's low and glum although he is still shouting, "I'M SORRY I MADE YOU CRY, I DIDN'T KNOW-"

*You tell him it's alright, you tell him you had a bad time before you fell and it was still bothering, you tell him that it isn't now and that he doesn't have to worry anymore.

He smiles softly and hugs you tight, it catches you by surprise but you hug him back just as tight, he lets go shortly after and gives you the biggest, cutest blushing smile he could manifest and you can feel your cheeks grow hot too. He takes your hand and starts walking again with you in tow, passing luminous pools, glowing mushrooms, and a rather enthusiastic monster kid who wore a sweater with stripes of two different shades of brown and appeared to have no arms you reach a bridge like structure, the wooden boards creaking beneath your every step. It's desolate and eery, no one is around and it's almost pitch black, Papyrus seems a bit uneasy like he knows something would happen.

You feel like you've been here before and that you know something will happen but the details are fuzzy. He keeps glancing behind him in fear of something jumping out from the darkness, you know something or someone is but you squeeze his hand to reassure him. He looks to you with a worried look at first but seeing your smile makes him smile back and he relaxes a bit, but that ends all too quickly.

"Papyrus!" Says a female voice, "human!"

You both turn around in surprise and see a knight, bulky grey armor, black gloves and a red material hanging from the helmet, you can see two beady eyes behind the face guard staring at you with malicious intent.

"I finally found you." she growls.

"U-UNDYNE!! W-WHAT A SURPRISE T-TO SEE YOU HERE!" Papyrus gulps.

"Papyrus, you are supposed to capture the human not help them! What the hell are you doing here?" Papyrus cringes slightly.

"I-I'M ACCOMPANYING THEM TO THE BARRIER SO THEY CAN BREAK IT. THEY'RE GOING TO-"

"Set us free?" She interrupts, "how many times have I told you that humans are the enemy? They only want to make us suffer!"

"BUT THIS HUMAN HASN'T DONE ANYTHING WRONG!" He raises his voice higher than normal and in an angered tone, even though you can't see it behind her mask but you can tell she's surprised, "THIS HUMAN IS STILL AT 0 EXP WHICH MEANS HE HASN'T HURT A SINGLE MONSTER SINCE HIS ARRIVAL, HUMANS MAY HAVE BEEN THE REASON WE ARE TRAPPED DOWN HERE BUT HE WILL FIND THE ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION TO OUR FREEDOM. I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO TAKE HIS SOUL!"

You are equally shocked, Papyrus' voice sounds so weird angry, so menacing, it makes your heart want to jump out your chest and run away to a safe place. Grey Knight- Undyne sighs heavily, a neon blue-green (magic?) spear appearing beside her, she grabs the spear and gets into a fighting stance. Papyrus sighs as well and summons bones around you and him, a rather large one appearing in his hand.