Chapter 3

Jay woke up to Carlos screaming. He looked over and saw Carlos crying in his sleep, he ran over and grabbed Carlos shoulders.

"Carlos! Carlos! Wake up, it's all a dream! She can't hurt you anymore, I promise!" Jay yelled as he brought Carlos To his chest. Carlos widened his eyes and started to thrash around but Jay held him close. Carlos started to breathe heavy and Jay placed his head on Carlos'.

"Jay?" Carlos asked as Jay hummed. "Am I dreaming?" Carlos asked as Jay shook his head and kept his arms around Carlos.

"No, this is real. You're awake, and she can't hurt you anymore." Jay said, referring to his mother, and Carlos gripped onto Jay's tan arms and Jay rocked them back and forth.

Jay kept his grip on Carlos, till he heard Carlos soft snores. Jay took a deep breathe in and laid Carlos back on his bed, he pulled up his blankets and saw Dude staring at him. Jay moved his brown hair from his face and he rubbed Carlos' hair before walking back to his bed.

He layed in his bed, and looked back to Carlos. His brown eyes traced Carlos' sleeping body, and he saw Dude walked over and laid his head on Carlos' chest. Jay smiled and layed down and went to sleep, but he dreamed of Carlos blood curling screams.

---

Jay placed his beanie over his hair, after brushing his hair, his eyes went over to Carlos' sleeping body and he pulled out his phone and texted Evie to come over to their room. He looked back at Carlos and saw Dude was looking over at him.

They was having a staring contest you could say, but Evie's knock cause Jay to snap back to reality. He walked over towards the door and opened it saw Evie standing there with Doug.

"Do you need me to watch Carlos again? Cause if so, Doug is staying." She said as Jay grabbed her wrist and brought them outside.

"Okay I don't care, but his nightmares are coming back. I need to get to Mal to make more of his things that he took back in Isle of the Lost, so you need to stay here and make sure that when he starts to scream that you wake him up and just comfort back to sleep." Jay commanded as the two teens nodded. Jay smile and patted their arms before running off to find Mal.

Evie sighed as they walked inside Jay's and Carlos' room and saw Carlos was sleeping on the end calmly, but Evie didn't miss the twitching he was doing.

"Why is Jay acting strangely about Carlos all the sudden?" Doug asked as the pair walked over towards table and Evie looked over at Doug.

"Jay is protective over all of his friends." Evie said as Doug raised his eyebrow over at him.

"But he's really protective over Carlos, like he'll let you and Mal walk outside by yourselfs, but why not Carlos?" Doug asked as Evie sighed and looked over at Carlos.

"There some things that comes out for Auradon while some things stay in Isle of the Lost." Evie said as Doug looked over at Carlos and he looked back at Evie.

"Was he mistreated?" Doug asked as Evie looked over at him with her brown eyes clouding with tears. Doug nodded and he hugged Evie, but his green eyes looked over at Carlos sleeping body.

The two just watched tv and only had to wake up Carlos three times, they finally gotten bored as soon as Jay walked in with a bag of cookies. He smiled and nodded at the couple who smiled and walked out to go one some date.

Jay placed the cookies on the table and looked over and saw Carlos was still sleeping. He smiled and grabbed on cookie and walked over towards Carlos, and shook his shoulder.