1

Ahem, let's start by saying that this book isn't 100% great in plot, grammar, spelling, and other things because I wrote this book when I first started Wattpad. I looked over this story again when I was older and decided to change a bunch of stuff because some things made no sense lol! I'm writing this message to people who are just beginning to read my book in this chapter, and the same message in my last chapter to people who have finished reading it. If some things do not make sense to you because of my major chapter changes, feel free to ask in the comments! And I apologize for the super short chapters because I took out a lot of parts.

Also, towards the end of the book, I had forgotten most of the plot for this book already so I apologize again for that too. I wrote this book sooo long ago and that's why I forgot most of the stuff because I got busy. It'll make more sense when you read up to there.

On to the story!

.
.
.

She remembered it clearly, after all it was something that could never be forgotten.

Suzaku dressed as Zero, pierced his sword right through the demon emperor's heart. The demon emperor then tumbles down with blood staining his white clothing. Nunnally rushes over to his side as she cries, claiming that she loved him and to not leave her. The people watching were all confused that everything happened so quickly. But at the same time, they cheered and celebrated the death of the 99th emperor of Britannia.

CC's POV

One year after the Zero Requiem....

2019

A tiny drop of snow landed on my nose. I looked up at the sky. What do you want me to do, now that you're gone?

After the death of Lelouch, I fled from the palace, as Nunnally instructed me to do. For a year, I've been hiding myself from the world in the countryside. It was quite peaceful, and everyone was treated like family. Almost like a utopia, even. Even after so long, many things were just hard to get used to. I slowly made my way back to my cottage as the sun began to set.
This peaceful world won't last forever, you know.

"CC, you must leave. It's not safe here anymore."

"I understand."

"Suzaku, please lead her out. Make sure none of the other guards find her."

"Yes."

And that was it. A few words exchanged between us and I was off to the countryside. It surprised me though. It was me who gave Lelouch geass. It was I who made that contract with her brother. If I hadn't, maybe their life would have been different. Maybe. Just maybe. I expected some sort of punishment from Nunnally or Suzaku. But Nunnally has forgiven me, nonetheless. And for her sake, Suzaku put on a mask. Of course he would always hate me, for what I did to Lelouch.

Though all of his gestures seemed genuine, it was merely a mask. But no. It wasn't self pity, I was selfish at the time. Too overwhelmed with emotions, if I had any. Making contracts with strangers was almost like a game to me, to see who could fulfill my wish. How ironic, because in the end, where did I end up? Alive. Still stuck with this immortal body, capable of living forever. Still alone. Nothing had changed since the beginning, the results were still the same.