8

I decided to let Lelouch know about what Suzaku had told me the other day.

"What's this?"

"An invitation to Nunnally's birthday party. She's hosting a ball."

"A ball?"

"Yes. Come if you will."

He blinked a few times, processing the information I just said to him and looked at me. "And you're telling me this for?"

"You know what I mean. Wear my Cheese-kun mascot and you can attend."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Do you really think I'm going to do that?"

"Fine then. Entirely your decision, warlock."

"I'll do it."

On the night of the ball.....

"It's...really hot...in here...." Lelouch choked.

I entered the ballroom, "Shut up and stop complaining."

"Hello Miss CC, my lord." Jeremiah greeted. "That's a nice mascot, my lord."

"Shut up." He let out a heavy sigh.

"It looks good on you, CC." Nunnally's soft voice came from behind them. "Thank you for coming, Jeremiah, Anya, and CC." Suzaku was pushing Nunnally's wheelchair toward us. She was wearing a light purple dress that matched her eye color. Her hair was tied into a French braid with roses tucked in each strand.

"Right if you don't mind, I wanted to bring a cheese-kun mascot." I pointed at Cheese-kun.

"I don't mind." Nunnally said and wheeled over to where Lelouch was standing. "Do you mind if I?"

I nodded and she wheeled herself over to the mascot.

"So this is the infamous Cheese-kun." Suzaku watched as Nunnally began trying to talk to it.

"Famous." I corrected.

"Famous." He repeated after me with a grunt.