9

I stood next to an empty table while everyone else was chatting and eating. Lelouch in my cheese-kun mascot walked over to me and took me to an empty hallway.

"What?" I questioned.

"Thank you."

"Hmm? Is the mighty emperor Lelouch crying silently in the middle of a ballroom party?" I teased.

"You're just seeing things."

I smirked, "If you say so. Well I'm going to look for pizza. And go dance the Pizza Hut commercial since you're Cheese-kun as thanks to me for letting you see Nunnally again."

It was subtle, but I realized that the tension between us was nearly gone. Things were happening so quickly after he returned that I had nearly forgotten the Zero Requiem even happened.

"I already thanked you sincerely, CC. Here." I looked at the palm of his hand. He was holding a bracelet that had some initials on it. "Give this to Nunnally for me, she'll know what it is."

Observing the bracelet, I realized they must've made it together as children. I picked the bracelet up from his hand. "I will. Make sure to treat me to some more pizza though." I grinned after watching his reaction.

I walked over to another table filled with food and picked up a glass of water. Suzaku's voice echoed around the ballroom, "Ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the dance to begin."

Everyone walked over to their dance partners in the middle of the ballroom and waited patiently for the music to begin. They seemed so carefree. Sometimes I would wish that I could be a mere mortal human, born with parents that loved and cared for me. How nice it would have been, to switch bodies with someone who was mortal. After a few minutes of watching couples dance, a flash of yellow caught my eye in the nearby hall. Lelouch was already leaving. I figured I should go look for Nunnally.

.
.
.

"Nunnally." I said, finding her on the wheelchair at the balcony.

She turned around to face me. I walked over to her and stood next to her. My shoes making clicking sounds as I neared her, "I found something that Lelouch always had in his room drawer. Thought I would give it to you."

Her eyes widened. "Really?"

I handed the bracelet to her. She observed the bracelet carefully before breaking into tears.

"He...He always had this?"

I nodded.

"Lelouch..." She sobbed. "I never had a chance to say how much he meant to me.."

"No. You've done a lot for him already, Nunnally. You're the best little sister anyone can have."