Bea: The Chick With the Headset

Urban Dictionary defines "stage manager" as the person "that is below the director in terms of superiority. Generally one of the people with a headset. He/she will be at rehearsals to run them if the director is busy. He/she is generally a nice person unless you piss them off. They are the ones responsible for calling cues during a show, pulling the curtain, sometimes moving set pieces. Without him/her and the rest of the stage crew there wouldn't be a show." All of which is true. Without me, Beatrice "Bea" Masters, everything in this hell hole would fall apart. I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but it's kind of true. This theater needs me and I need it, it's the way things have always been since I walked in looking for a job my freshman year.

But nothing lasts forever, including high school. Like every other senior, I'm glad these four years are over. But even though I'm glad to be leaving this school, I'm not so glad to be leaving my job and this department. I've had too many good memories here to just let it go. If I only had a choice.

Not that I have time to mope over this anyway. I have one last show to put on, a production of Little Shop of Horrors, and I can't let my last show be a flop. This show is going to be amazing, even if I have to die trying.