#18

Bea's To Do List #18: Check with the department heads to make sure everything is on schedule

"Bea?"

"Hey, I was just heading over to-

"To avoid me?"

"What?"

"You've been avoiding me all week."

"I have... not."

"Come on, Bea. Don't lie to me about this, I know you're pissed."

"I'm not pissed!"

"It sounds like you are!"

"Fine, I'm a little pissed. But I'm not pissed at you."

"I find that hard to believe."

"I'm really not mad at you. You had no way of knowing about anything that was going on, there's no way I can hold you accountable."

"But I was still involved! I feel like such an ass."

"Well, don't."

"I'm really sorry for all of this."

"You don't have to be sorry."

"I'm sorry anyway. Everyone was always so nice to me and I messed it up."

"Nothing happened that can't be fixed."

"The whole situation just sucks. I didn't even like Sophie that much, I just thought it would be fun to ask her out."

"And I totally understand that."

"I mean, there were other people I would have been willing to ask out."

"Understandable."

"Like, uh, you for example."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"What did you say?"

"Um..."

"Noah..."

"Yes?"

"Tell me what you meant."

"I don't wanna."

"Come on, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Fine, when I liked Sophie I kind of liked you too. About as much as I liked her, actually."

"So why'd you ask out Sophie? I mean, uh, instead of me I mean."

"That seems like a trick question."

"It's not."

"Nope, I'm not answering. I'm not getting sucked into whatever craziness might be going on in your head."

"Noah, I promise that I will not get mad. Just answer already."

"So, um, I liked you a little too. And I would have, uh, asked you out instead of Sophie, it was kind of a toss up, but I didn't think you'd say yes."

"Why not?"

"Why not? Well, um, uh, that's an interesting question. And I do have an answer for it."

"I'd like to hear it, if you're willing."

"I am. It's mostly because, don't be mad, I didn't think someone like you would want to go out with me. You're kind of a hard person to understand so I didn't think you'd want to date me."

"Seriously?"

"Yes. Please don't hurt me."

"I'm not going to hurt you."

"Yeah I don't believe you."

"You're ridiculous. I totally get your point. But I have something to say in response."

"Okay..."

"I would have really liked it if someone like you had asked me out."

"Oh."

"I'm going to go back to work now."

"Okay?"

[][][]

I'm so sorry this update is so late! I've been so busy and whenever I have time to write I get writer's block. I graduated Friday night, stayed at Grad Night until 3 in the morning, slept until 1, and went to grad parties the rest of the day and most of yesterday. Not to mention yesterday afternoon was my own grad party. So yeah I've been pretty busy.

To make things worse, I have a bunch of stuff I need to write. Yesterday's JTH update still isn't written, this story needs to be updated tomorrow, I'm trying to write a #OnceUponNow entry by June 12th, and I'm writing a chapter for Majoring in Murder. AHHH STRESS. Thank you all to being so understanding. I'll see you tomorrow with the next update!