#14

Bea's To Do List #14: Avoid Sophie

"Leave me alone, Sophie."

"I don't understand why you won't even think about it."

"There's nothing to think about."

"Yes, there is!"

"Nothing is going on between Noah and I. Therefore, there is nothing to think about."

"Sure, technically there is nothing going on. But there is definite potential, which means there is a lot to think about."

"There is no potential!"

"There is! I see the way you two look at each other."

"I don't look at him in any special way."

"Well yeah cause you're too stressed to act like a normal human being. But  he acts like a normal being and he definitely looks at you in a special way."

"Yeah right."

"Uh yeah, he does. Come on, Bea, why would I lie to you?"

"Because you're an evil human being who is trying to set me up with Noah even though I don't want to be set up with anyone."

"So if you did want to get set up with someone you'd be okay with being set up with Noah?"

"I didn't say that."

"You're impossible. And I am serious about Noah looking at you in a special way."

"Wait, really?"

"Yes."

"That's interesting."

"Isn't it?"

"Whatever, it's nothing."

"Bea! Please just listen to me. Noah is a great guy that you like, as much as you like anyone, and he likes you. You can ask him out! Wake up and smell the feminism!"

"Yeah that's not what feminism is."

"You know what I mean. Come on, I know you're considering it."

"I am not considering anything. I have too much on my plate to consider asking anyone out."

"Just tell me that it's not the worst idea. That you kind of like the idea of going on a date with Noah."

"It's... not the worst idea in the world."

"And?"

"And... I don't entirely hate the idea of going on a date-like thing with Noah. Happy?"

"Extremely. I think you two would be amazing together."

"All right weirdo."

"Like when he asked me out I considered it for a second but then I remembered how cute you two were together and I couldn't do it. He and I would be terrible together and I couldn't mess up what you guys could have."

"..."

"Bea? Are you okay?"

"He asked you out?"

"Noah? Oh, yeah, a while ago. It was no big deal."

"Oh."

"I thought you heard about it. See, you not knowing about it shows how small of a deal it really was. You know how people are with gossip around here."

"No, I didn't know."

[][][]

I'm so sorry about the update not being up yesterday. I didn't get the chance to finish it on Thursday and then on Friday morning I left for my grad trip (can you say DISNEYLAND!!!) and got back at 3am this morning. But it's up now! I hope you all like it.

The "Noah asking Sophie out" thing seemed like a blip when it first showed up but believe me, it's going to be a legit thing now. Not a huge thing, but it's definitely going to be important for Bea.

All right, that's my bit for today. You're all amazing and keep reading like you have been, we're super close to the 10K mark. Remember, you don't want to miss out on getting sneak peaks for my new stories!