Noah: She's Cute

I was such a jerk. No, I wasn't just a jerk. I was a super jerk, a colossal jerk, a major insane and insensitive jerk. Here I was, just going about my business, and I had somehow found a way to mess up all of my relationships with everyone in the theater. It didn't seem like much at the time, asking Sophie out, but it had been the biggest and worst thing I could have done. Did I know that Bea had some kind of thing (which seemed impossible) for me? No. But had people asked me about her and tried to get me to ask her out? Yes. I should have known that in a theater that small, with people who were so close, anything I did would have an impact on everyone.

Sure, I had felt guilty about stuff before but this was a whole new level. Watching everyone suddenly start hating me and seeing how hurt Bea was was awful. Yes, everyone came around (probably because Bea told me too) but the hurt was still there. Everyone was still upset in some way, I could tell. Dale would look at me weird, Madi gave me dirty looks, Sophie avoided me at all costs, it was awful. Len was nice to me but aloof but not exactly welcoming. The only one treating me normally was Eric, and that's just because he's just that kind of guy.

To make things worse, I hadn't even liked Sophie that much. Sure, she was pretty and nice but I didn't know her that well. The whole reason I asked her out was so we could go to a movie or something and get to know each other. I didn't ask her out because I was in love with her, I wasn't in love with anyone. All I wanted to do was to ask out a cute girl and get to know her and to see some chick flick that I couldn't see by myself or with my guy friends because it was kind of creepy if I didn't go with a date. I would have asked out Bea, she was pretty cute (I could admit that), but she was so intense that I didn't think she would want to go out with me (or that I would survive a date with her). That was all it was.