Lennon: A Summary of Bea's Love Life

Bea is one of those people who never seems like she has crushes or boyfriends. She just never had time for those kinds of things. She's one of those girls who is more well suited for college guys because high school boys don't get her. That is, she's not exactly asexual. It's like her (and the boys' around her) hormones were competing against her annoyance over all the boys around her. As a result, she has had two boyfriends.

The first was unremarkable. He was not an asshole or a charmer or a cheater or a romantic or the one who got away. He was really just there. He was one of those guys that was nice and flirted and asked girls out promptly and always called and was basically anything a girl could want (if they didn't want to be bored out of their minds). He and Bea started dating sophomore year and fizzled out a few weeks later for obvious reasons. The entire thing is something we don't even talk about now since there's nothing to talk about. Like I said, it was remarkable.

The next guy was much more remarkable. He was an asshole (secretly) and a charmer and a cheater and a romantic and kind of the one who got away (even though that was good in the long run). He was definitely more than just there (and how I wish he wasn't). He was one of those guys that seemed so nice and funny that basically tricked us all. Bea and I met him last year, when he got involved in the theater program. He and Bea got to talking and they started going out and got serious fast.

But then everything went to hell. The asshole cheated on Bea and dumped her and then didn't have the decency not to bring his new girl around the theater. Thankfully, his parents divorced (wow, I'm a horrible person for saying that, I don't mean it in that way) and he moved out of town a few months later. Bea was left heartbroken and pretty much humiliated. Everyone in the theater had taken Bea's side, of course, but it was still embarrassing for her.

Ever since then Bea hadn't gone out with anyone. Sure there wasn't really anyone around that she would want to go out with, but she wasn't looking either. I'm hoping she wises up though and goes after Noah, I've met him since he knows Eric, because he's a good guy. And I know right now she's complaining about him and threatening him but there's something there, or at least the possibility. A possibility is all it takes sometimes. Bea deserves a good guy for once.