Bea: Everything Was Under Control

Noah was such an idiot. I knew where he was coming from but I disliked him for it just the same. It wasn't surprising that everyone had elected him, they were all cowards when it came to actual confrontation, but I wish they had elected someone who actually knew me. Any one of them knew me better than Noah did. Even that annoying sophomore girl had more tact than him. I didn't like accepting help from anyone, let alone a newbie who barely knew how to do his own job half the time.

But no, they elected poor little Noah and he was messing up his new position already. You'd think that someone with as little experience with me as he had would tread lightly, but he had let the power go to his head. It was like he imagined me telling him anything he wanted just because he told me to. Why in the hell would I ever do that? I only did that for my mom, and even then I took a little convincing.

Yes, there was something bothering me. Of course there was, I was acting crazy. Any idiot could see that if they bothered to look at all. But it wasn't anything I wanted to discuss with Noah. It wasn't something I wanted to discuss with anyone. I wasn't entirely sure my issue would make sense to anyone else. And I wasn't going to tell anyone unless I knew they would understand what I meant. There was no point in saying anything if they didn't even get the premise of my problem. It was just how things worked.