Bea: The Purgatory of Relationships

One might think that when Noah told me that he had wanted to ask me out and when I told him I would have been glad to have him as me out, things would have worked out perfectly. But when are things ever that easy? Never, that's when. Instead of riding off into some vomit-inducing sunset, Noah and I went straight to relationship purgatory. Which is basically death for any potential we may have had at that moment.

What is relationship purgatory? It's awful, let me tell you. It's a little thing that happens when one person tells another person that they like them and the other person reciprocates but neither of them knows what to do. Neither of you wants to make a move only to find out that the other person has changed their mind and neither of you wants to just give up because they really like the person. Hence, the limbo. You guys will just sort of flirt and be awkwardly cute for a while and hope that one of you will finally make a move. Unfortunately, you're both so scared that sometimes no one ever actually makes a move.

That's where Noah and I were. At least, it's where I thought we were. That's where I felt like we were, it made sense, but there was no way of really knowing. If you knew for sure that you were in purgatory, you probably weren't. And if you didn't know, you probably were. It was the danger of the purgatory stage.