Four

Ben's POV:

I'm not surprised that Danielle and I picked back up again so quickly. I think there was just a lot of floating emotions, and maybe even a little angst that was left and forgotten so many years ago. In a way, the distance brought us closer. When you don't see someone you really care about for a long time, you miss them, a lot. And that makes the reunion so much more sweet. Being together almost every single day again is a blessing and a curse. I get what I longed for – working beside Danielle again – but with the idea lingering over my head of not being able to pursue anything further with her. This whole thing reminds me of one of those army stories you sometimes hear about and see in the movies: Two people are really hitting it off, then one gets deployed for a few years and when they come back, they find out that the other person has moved on to someone else. Maybe that's a little extreme since, in our case, we were never officially an item (in real life, that is) but I can't help resonating!

Danielle's POV:

Getting married was a dream come true. I love the married life, and I love having someone that's all mine, and I love being someone's someone. Life was pretty easy and smooth-sailing until Girl Meets World started. Who would have thought that Ben would ever be the cause of a damper on my life? Not intentionally, of course, but seeing him on set for the first time in years and having lots of chances to catch up really made me think differently. I asked myself a lot of questions and became less confident in things I thought I had figured out. I'm truly trying to avoid saying that I regret getting married during the (then unknown) hiatus... but Ben never did, and why not? He's the most amazing person and always the life of the party. He has a big heart and a spark in his eye. It definitely wasn't because he isn't likeable. I can't help but think that maybe he was waiting for me, and if I didn't get married, Girl Meets World would be our chance... Or maybe I'm full of myself for making assumptions about Ben's life like this. And I'm selfish for thinking this way because I have a husband who loves me and who I devoted my life to. I just need to find a way to stop feeling like I've made a mistake.