Thirty-Six

Quick Author's Note:

Over 4,000 reads now! Thank you so much! I just started another year of university so I will do my very best to keep up the weekly postings. BUT, if things get a little too hectic, I may end up having to skip a week every once in a while. This is just a heads up although I will try my best; if you don't hear from me, that's why. But fear not, I will return. My Wattpad inbox is always open too and I will continue to reply to your messages there, even if I don't post.

And so, as a thank you to everyone who comes back week after week to read my work and engage, this one is for you. Enjoy this beautifully fun and special double-length chapter.

-------------------------------------------

*Ben calls Danielle*

Ben: "Hey, want to go out tonight?"

Danielle: "Go out? Where? I'm not really in the mood for bar hopping."

Ben: "I promise it'll be fun. I'll be there in a half an hour."

*Ben makes his way over to Danielle's place and knocks on the door*

*She opens the door and looks him up and down*

Danielle: "Damn you're looking fresh. Where are we going? What am I supposed to wear?"

Ben: "Dress like my magician princess! We're going to the cityside carnival!"

*Danielle buries her face in her hands and laughs*

Danielle: "Oh geez. I haven't gone in years."

Ben: "So what are you waiting for? Let's go!"

Danielle: "Okay okay. Let me just change my outfit and get my bag."

*Danielle changes and comes back out*

Ben: "Damn, we're going to be hottest couple there."

*Danielle giggles*

Danielle: "What spurred this night out?"

Ben: "I'm not even going to lie. The kids went a couple days ago and Peyton sent me a picture of his huge stuffed dragon he won. I was like... you son of a bitch, I'm going to beat you!"

Danielle: "Ben. You are literally 14 years old inside. But whatever, as long as you give me whatever stuffed animal you win."

Ben: "Of course. Only every chick flick movie says I have to."

*They arrive at the carnival and approach the security entrance*

Ben: "Hey, guard, make sure to check this one out. She's a dangerous girl."

*Danielle's face goes red*

Danielle: "Ben, stop! You're going to get me arrested!"

*The security guard laughs*

Guard: "I've seen you guys on TV. Don't be causing any ruckus in the crowds."

*Ben and Danielle pass through security and start walking around*

Danielle: "You're a piece of work, you know that? Don't do that shit!"

Ben: "Oh relax. It's a joke. We're at a carnival!"

Danielle: "Geez, alright, let's go start off with some crazy snacks."

Ben: "Are we talkin' like deep fried crickets and scorpions?"