Nine

Previously on Benielle: It's Complicated...

*He stays quiet for a while waiting for Danielle to say something but she diverts her eyes to look at her hands on the table*

"Hey, you okay? Are you feeling alright? Or did I say something?"

*Danielle looks up at him*  "...I want to say something stupid."

*Ben looks at her interested*  "Okay, off the record, say something stupid."

*She looks Ben straight in the eyes*  "Kiss me like Cory kisses Topanga."

-------------------------------------------

*Ben stared at her, taking in what she just asked, deciding what he should do*

*Danielle rises when Ben stands up*

*He grabs her by the waist and pulls her close*

*Danielle wraps her arms around his neck, causing the bottom of her shirt lift a bit so Ben can feel her soft skin*

*Ben gives her a long, passionate kiss*

*Without saying anything, feeling mesmerized, he looks in her eyes and leans in again*

*Danielle moves her hands from his neck to his chest and pushes him away*

"Ben... we can't..."

*Ben wanted to say something, or ask something, but he couldn't find any words*

*With tears in her eyes, Danielle grabs her things and leaves without saying another word*

-------------------------------------------

Danielle's POV:

I don't know what to say. I didn't know what to say then and I still don't know now. I think it was just the heat of the moment that made me ask him that. I didn't expect it to go to that extent. I left crying, and had to clean up my face before I got back to my own place. I went home to my husband, whom I love so damn much, and I kissed him so hard when I got in the door. The guilt was overwhelming. We spent the night cuddling and kissing, and I managed to successfully convince him that nothing was wrong.

Ben's POV:

I have no idea how to feel right now. I don't know why Danielle asked me to do that, and I don't know if I should have done it. Did I want to? Yeah, I guess so. But she's married. And in my mind I can tell myself that we are nothing 100 times but I can't explain what I felt in that moment and how goddamn bad it hurt afterwards. Knowing she's home with her husband and I'm here by myself... how it always is. You know, I told myself that I'd only drink for an occasion and never for a reason, but I think I can call tonight's events an "occasion". Time to crack open that bottle of tequila she didn't want. I'm done for the night.