Twenty-Three

Quick Author's Note:

I'm back! I had a great trip. Thanks for bearing with me during that little hiatus. So... GMW returned with all new episodes and that revamped opening credits sequence has me feeling all sorts of ways. Exciting stuff!

Get ready for a rocky roller coaster in the story. I've posted a double length chapter for you today but recommend waiting until you have enough time to read the whole thing in one sitting ;)

-------------------------------------------

Peyton: "I wish we got to go out of town to film episodes more often!"

Ben: "They know you guys are trouble so they probably won't."

Peyton: "We're trouble?! You get in more trouble than us."

Ben: "I'm an innocent little angel."

Peyton: "Okay no. That's more like Danielle."

Ben: "Where is she anyway? Isn't she coming down for breakfast?"

*Peyton shrugs* Peyton: "I have no idea. She'll probably be down soon."

*The group gathers in the breakfast area for a meal*

Sabrina: "Hey Michael, where's Danielle? She's the only one not down here."

Michael: "Yeah, uh, she's not feeling too great at the moment so we're giving her the day to rest up."

*Ben looks up from his plate* Ben: "Wait, what happened?"

Sabrina: "Yeah, she seemed fine yesterday checking in."

Michael: "We're not sure yet, but don't worry about it. She's in good hands. Get ready for a busy day of filming."

*They finish eating and then Ben pulls Michael aside*

Ben: "What happened to Danielle?"

Michael: "I don't know, Ben. She started throwing up, so it could be something she ate."

Ben: "Or maybe the anxiety again..."

Michael: "I don't think so. Apparently she's vomiting blood too so it's something a little more serious."

*Ben's eyes widen*

Michael: "But Ben, I don't want you to worry. Sarah's taking her to the hospital today to get looked at. I really need you to focus because we're only out of town for a couple days and we need these shots."

Ben: "I understand that, but you need to see where I'm coming from. Can I at least go check up on her before we head out?"

Michael: "She's sleeping, Ben. Let her rest. You know we're going to get her the best care possible."

*Ben sighs and gets ready to leave the hotel for filming*

~Later that evening~

*Ben calls Danielle but there's no answer*

*He goes to her hotel room and knocks on the door, but no answer*

*He tries knocking again* Ben: "Danielle, it's me. I'm just here to check up on you."

*Danielle finally opens the door* Danielle: "Sorry! I was sleeping."

Ben: "Shit, I didn't mean to wake you. I've just been worried."

Danielle: "Here, come on in. You can have my extra room key in case you need it."