Thirty-Five

*When they arrive, Cecile pulls out her keycard to unlock the entrance*

*Ben snatches it from her hand*

Ben: "Wow, look at this picture! What a professional."

Cecile: "Ew stop! That was taken years ago!"

*Ben laughs*

Ben: "I'm kidding. You look great."

*They head up the elevator to her floor and then Ben looks around*

Ben: "This place is damn fancy."

Cecile: "Wait until you see my office. Here, swipe the key card on this door."

*Ben swipe the card and Cecile opens her office door*

Ben: "Holy crap! This is huge. Glass windows and everything. Are you sure this is a marketing firm? Or are you secretly a fraud lawyer like on Suits?"

Cecile: "Ha, I wish! Actually, I probably don't. Jail wouldn't like me."

Ben: "More like you wouldn't like jail. Geez, I bet you make more money than me!"

*Cecile laughs*

Cecile: "Let's not get carried away. Come, sit, let's drink!"

*Ben takes a seat on a couch across from her*

Ben: "If only it was acceptable to drink hard liquor this early in the day."

Cecile: "I'll cheers you on that, but liquor is so not my thing."

*They tap their coffee cups and Ben raises his eyebrows*

Ben: "How do you live a life like this and not drink?"

Cecile: "My office is nice but my life isn't that extravagant. Except for the fact that I'm hanging out with my childhood celebrity."

Ben: "Don't flatter me. I can't be the best thing in your life."

Cecile: "Well, you're the most exciting person as far as I'm concerned. I came downtown on a Saturday to meet up with you, if that says anything."

Ben: "So no boyfriend, huh?"

Cecile: "No boyfriend, no fiancé, no husband."

Ben: "Do your friends know you're rich? Because that really attracts people."

*Cecile laughs and shakes her head*

Cecile: "I'm not really looking. If something happens, it happens. I'm just enjoying my life day by day."

*Ben sits back on his seat and just smiles*

Ben: "That's awesome to hear. Not that many people have that kind of mindset."

Cecile: "I'm fine on my own, and I embrace the small things. I have movie collections, book collections, CD collections, artwork, photo albums. I go to concerts on my own and travel to fun places. It's a nice life."

Ben: "It's so refreshing to talk to someone like you."

*Cecile smiles and looks around*

Cecile: "Here, let me show you some pictures."

*They walk over to a corkboard with tons of pictures tacked on*

Cecile: "This is a picture from my twelfth grade prom. Myself and my three best friends."

Ben: "Wow you look so different!"

Cecile: "Flash forward to this wedding photo. Same four people. Two of my friends got married and myself and our other friend were maid of honour and best man. How awesome is that?"

Ben: "The progression is amazing. Does it ever make you sad? Seeing your friends getting married and having kids and stuff?"

Cecile: "Hey, as long as I get invited to the weddings, I'm fine!"

*Ben laughs*

Ben: "But really, you don't get lonely?"

Cecile: "I'm content with my life. You seem a little iffy on the subject."

Ben: "I've been alone all my life. It kind of gets boring."

Cecile: "Aww that means you enjoy my company!"

Ben: "What, of course I do! Us meeting was work of the fates."

*Cecile puts her coffee cup down and smiles at Ben*

Cecile: "Are we at the comfort level now where we can hug?"

Ben: "Oh hell, come in here for one!"

*Cecile giggles and gives Ben a hug*

Cecile: "Okay so we're going to make hangouts a regular thing. Try lots of new places."

Ben: "Yeah... But we have to watch the public."

Cecile: "Oh yeah, I forgot I'm still your hidden gem."

Ben: "There's some things I've got to work out first, too. But at least we know your office is quiet and a very cool place."

Cecile: "Well you're always welcome here. And if you're ever in the 'burbs, I'll show you around my bungalow and little neighbourhood as well."

*Ben debates whether he should invite her to his place too, but decides against it*

Ben: "Good to know. We'll keep it on the downlow for now."