Twenty-Five

*Danielle storms into Ben's place, not even knocking first, teary eyed, and sees him sitting at the kitchen table*

Danielle: "I want an answer to what I asked."

*Ben is surprised to see she barged in and gets up from his seat*

Ben: "Danielle, look, I just don't know."

Danielle: "What don't you know? If you don't want to be with me, then you just say it!"

Ben: "We both know it's not that simple."

*Danielle begins to cry and raise her voice*

Danielle: "But it is, Ben! It is! Stop making things so complicated!"

*Ben walks over to her and pulls her into a hug and she starts crying hard into his chest*

Ben: "Come here, let's go sit on the couch."

*Ben helps her over then sits beside her*

*Danielle continues soaking up his shirt with her tears*

Ben: "Danielle, I'm just scared. I like commitment. It makes me feel safe."

*Danielle continues crying but doesn't respond*

Ben: "I know what you want from me. I want it too. But knowing that one day you could just walk away or find someone else, and leave me hanging to dry... My emotions can't handle that."

Danielle: "You're right. I know you're right. And now I hate myself for asking you. I don't want you to feel used."

*Ben lets out a long sigh and they remain quiet, Danielle still nestling her head in his chest as she sniffles tears*

Ben: "...But I love holding you. I love having you in my arms and comforting you. I want to be the person you come to regardless if you're feeling upset or if you're happy and just want to be held. I don't want to give that up."

*Danielle plays with Ben's soaked shirt*

Danielle: "Please can we just try it?"

*Ben gently rubs her back*

Ben: "The sex will get a little confusing though..."

Danielle: "We can take it slow. Maybe we rushed things."

*Ben leans back and looks at her face, red and puffy*

Ben: "Yes. Nice and slow."

*Ben slowly leans back in and gently kisses her*

Ben: "Now I was in the middle of eating my breakfast when you got here, so care to join me? I always cook for two, wondering when you'll come walking through that door."

Danielle: "You are the most amazing guy, you know that?"

Ben: "Yeah. That's why you left Tim at the curb."

Danielle: "Woah."

*Danielle pats his chest*

Danielle: "Way too soon, dude, way too soon. Just feed me."

*Danielle gets up and rustles Ben's hair, then walks over to the kitchen*

*Ben shakes his head*

Ben: "I'm an idiot."

-------------------------------------------

Rider's POV:

Oh my god. Ben and Danielle had sex?! Why am I just hearing about this now? And why am I not hearing it from my best friend? Holy shit! What generation are we in? I feel like I'm back in the 90s when we were horny teenagers. I hope those two know what they're doing. Sex has a common reputation of ruining everything good. But, I mean, it could work for them. They have a unique history and sexual tension that not even the creator of that phrase could level up to. They've basically been a couple their entire lives, it just kind of got shanked when Danielle got married. They need to be careful, though. Danielle is fresh out of a marriage and, god love her, but probably isn't thinking straight yet. Butttttt I'm rootin' for them! I'm going to give Ben hell for keeping this from me. What a little rebel our Cory Matthews is turning into.

-------------------------------------------

*Rider visits Ben while him and Danielle are eating*

Ben: "Didn't realize we were having a reunion at my place today."

Rider: "Me either, why is Danielle here?"

Danielle: "Always nice to see you too, Rider."

Rider: "Ya know I love you babe."

Danielle: "Ouuu being called babe by you is like getting hit on by Shawn Hunter. My insides are fluttering."

Rider: "Are you sure that's not because Ben is in the room?"

Ben: "Woah woah woah! Don't drag me into your banter!"

Rider: "I know your dirty little secret!"

Ben: "TOPANGA!"

Danielle: "What the hell... I didn't tell him!"

Rider: "My first question is why is your face all red and puffy?"

Danielle: "Nope. You don't get to ask questions yet. I want to know what you know."

Rider: "Let's just say there's two people sharing the same DNA in this room right now."

*Ben's face flushes red*

Rider: "Look! Now you're both red-faced!"

Ben: "All I wanted to do this morning was eat my breakfast. How does this shit happen to me?"

Rider: "The world is full of unexpected surprises."

Danielle: "If I give you my share of the breakfast, would you shut up, stop talking about this, and not mention it to anyone?"

Ben: "No, no. I'm kicking Rider out. You and I will eat breakfast."

Rider: "What a bad friend you are."

Ben: "I will call you later. Emphasis on the word call. I won't just show up."

Rider: "Careful Danielle, that breakfast might taste extra salty."

*Ben chuckles and shakes his head, then walks Rider over to the door*

*Rider calls over to Danielle*

Rider: "Hey babe, hit me up if you ever want some of this. Would consider a threesome as well."

Ben: "GET OUT!"

*Ben shuts the door, covering his face with his hand*

*Danielle can't stop laughing*

Danielle: "Relax. Come here, kiss me, and eat."