Chapter 3: Writing Wednesday w/ Mom

Savannah's POV

Today I was just sitting at my kitchen table with my mom doing some editing on my latest chapter on my latest book. All of the sudden she asks me out of the blue:

"So are you planning on settling down soon?"

"What?" I answer, clearly caught off guard.

I close my laptop screen and look over at my mother, who was still typing away on her computer.

"Are you planning on settling down soon? You're getting close to thirty, honey. I was settled down by the time I was thirty. Julie and I were living together by the time we were thirty and we were married by the time we were thirty two. I just want what's best for you," she said closing her laptop screen and looking at me.

"Mother, guys are very different than women are, they don't really know how to "express" their feelings. Also, I am in a very committed relationship with Anthony, you know that. We live together. We have for over a year. Yeah, we want to get married eventually. Yeah, we have looked at rings and he knows which ones I like and my ring size. We are at the points in our careers that we just aren't at the place to get married, and are so busy that we wouldn't have time to plan a wedding, and I know that both you and his mom would go nuts if we didn't have a big wedding," I exclaim, looking at her.

"I know that honey, well I know some of it. When did you two look at rings?" she asks, leaning closer to me over the table.

"A couple of months ago. We were bored and out running errands, and saw a custom ring shop and went and looked around. The guy even drew us some custom designs," I say opening a folder next to me to pull out the ring designs. I hand my favorites to my mom and keep looking through the folder.

"Oh honey, these are beautiful. Have you decided on one yet?" She asks looking at the designs.

"Kind of, but the drawing for that one isn't here. I must have misplaced it or something, which is such a shame." I say putting the folder down.

"Speaking of Anthony, where is he? I was looking forward to talking to him. It seems like forever since the last time we spoke," my mom says.

"He is shooting for Smosh. He should be home any time now that I think about it," I say wondering why Anthony hadn't gotten home yet.

Anthony's POV

Today was Writing Wednesday for Savannah and her Mom so I scheduled Smosh to film today. We got done early so Ian and I decided to film a Lunchtime With Smosh. After Ian and I were done filming I got a phone call.

"Hello, is this Mr. Anthony Padilla?" A voice said.

"Yes sir, it is," I replied.

"The ring that you ordered last month is in the shop, and ready to be paid for," the voice said.

"Oh. Okay. Awesome. Is it okay if I pick it up later today?" I asked into the phone.

"Yeah of course. We close at 7, so anytime before then should be fine," the voice replied.

"Okay I'll be there within the next couple of hours then. Thank you so much," I replied and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Ian asked, stuffing his mouth with his last taco.

"The guy who helped design Savannah's engagement ring. I ordered it about a month ago and it is finally ready, but then again, now I have to plan the perfect proposal," I replied, closing my take out container.

"So you're really going to propose?" Ian asks, crumpling up his taco wrapper.

"Yep, and sorry I have to go pick up the ring really quick, if you want to see it I'll bring it back and show you" I reply walking towards the door.

"Nah, I'll see it later because I know that I will probably have to help you with the proposal." Ian replies.

"You're right: you will have to help me with the proposal. But anyway, see you later man." I say closing the door behind me.

I jump into the car and just let out a breath that I had seemed to be holding in. I still cannot believe that I'm going to be proposing to my love and best friend (besides Ian of course): Savannah Raleigh Fawcett.