Chapter 25: Asking For It

Savannah's POV

After I tell Anthony that I think that I have my dad to be okay with us getting married, I hear a knock on the front door. I get up and walk over towards the door and open it. I see my brother Kaden and his wife Audrey standing at the door. 

"Little Sister!" Kaden yells. 

"Big Brother and Audrey!" I yell back, "Come in! Get out of the rain!" 

They come into the living room and we all sit down on the couches and the chairs around the coffee tables. We all just start to talk and catch up. 

"Hey Vannah, where's dads?" My brother asks. 

"Yeah, I was wondering the same thing." Audrey follows. 

"I think they're out back. I was going to go check, want to come with?" Anthony says.

"Sure." Kaden replies, getting up off of the couch. 

"I'm gonna stay here babe, I needed to talk to Savannah 1 on 1 anyway." Audrey says. 

"Okay, see you later babe." Kaden says, pecking Audrey on the lips.

"So, Ella and I are getting together for drinks later, do you want to come with?" Audrey asks as soon as Kaden and Anthony are out of ear shot. 

"Of course I do! I haven't had the change to talk to her since I've been in town." I exclaim. 

"Okay. Why don't you go get ready and I will call her and finalize our plans?" Audrey says. 

"Okay, sounds good. Wait Audrey, that picture of you and Kaden that is on the mantel caught my eye earlier," I say, pointing towards the picture, "why did you have it taken?" I ask. 

"I guess I'll tell you since Kaden forgot to mention it," She says before getting up from the couch, "I'm pregnant!" 

"Oh my god, I'm going to be an aunt! This is awesome Audrey, I'm so happy for you two!" 

"Thank you! We're super excited!" She exclaims, "Okay, we need to go get ready for dinner." 

"Okay!" I say walking towards the stairs. 

Anthony's POV

After everybody has said their hellos, we all just sit in a circle on Savannah's Dads' back porch. We sit there in a comfortable silence for a while and tons of thoughts are spinning through my head. 

Now is my chance. 

I don't care if Kaden is here or not. 

I have to ask. 

"Hey can I talk to you guys about something?" I ask breaking the silence. 

"Yeah, anything. What is it Anthony?" Shane says, looking over towards me. 

"I-I" 

Dammit Anthony just spit it out!

"I would like to know if you would give your blessing on me proposing to Savannah." I say looking back over towards Drew and Shane. 

There is a long silence. When I think that the answer is going to be for the worse, I see Shane and Drew look at each other and Drew gives Shane a nod to give me the answer. 

"We would love to give you our blessing, under one condition." Shane says. 

"What is it? I'll do anything!" I say.

"The condition is that you have to promise that you will never break our little girl's heart. She means so much to us. The last thing that we want to see is her get hurt by a man." Drew answers, "Anthony, can you promise us that?" 

"Of course I can. The last thing that I want to do is break her heart. I love her to much to ever do that." I say.

"Then you have our blessing!" Shane exclaims. 

"Thank you so much you guys." I say.