Chapter 11: Momma Knows

Savannah's POV

"So my mom is coming over later..." I say to Anthony.

"Oh. I thought that it could be just the two of us today and we would just lounge around and stuff." He says with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Oh, She is just stopping by to drop off- THE FIRST PRINTED COPY OF MY BOOK!!!!" I scream.

"Oh my God! Babe, that's amazing!" Anthony says embracing me in a bear hug and connecting his lips with mine. The doorbell rings and both of us jump.

"Dammit, she wasn't supposed to be here until later." I whisper under my breath.

"It's okay. We'll continue this later." He whispers.

I get up and put on a pair of Anthony's pajama pants and walk towards the door. I open it and my mom walks in and starts talking.

"Okay, honey, I read it and it is a-maz-ing. I would have given it to you yesterday, but you weren't answering your phone. Why not?" She says turning to face me.

"A: I know. I wrote it, and I get to read it again. B: I was busy all day yesterday." I say giving Anthony a look to come over and join me so we can tell my mom.

"Well, what plans were so important that you couldn't pick up the phone?" She asks giving me a look of confusion.

Anthony then joins me and puts an arm around my waist. I give him a look that basically asked "do you want to tell my mother that we got engaged yesterday or not?"

He replies with a nod and a look that says "yes, tell your mother."

"I have stuff to do. Spill it little girl." She says getting impatient and starting to tap her foot.

"Okay, okay. Well." I say putting my left hand out, letting the diamond hit the light.

"We're engaged!" Anthony and I say in unison.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! OH MY GOD!" My mother screams starting to jump up and down.

"Geez mother, calm down." I say as she embraces me in a hug.

"Honey that is amazing. I am so sorry but I have some work stuff that I have to do. I will call you later and we can start scheduling announcements." She says walking towards the door.

"Work stuff. On a Sunday? Also, we haven't told our fans yet and we want them to be the "first ones" to know." I say with emphasis in my voice.

"Baby I have to go. I will call you later." My mother says before walking towards the door.