Chapter 6: Why So Nervous?

Anthony's POV

I let Ian into the apartment and he gives me a look of confusion.

"Why did you call me here and not provide lunch?" He asks, taking a seat on the couch and looking up at me.

"I thought you would have already ate," I answer walking over to the fridge to grab some stuff to make lunch, "but I can make some oatmeal really quick if you want some."

"Okay, while you're cooking, you can explain to me why you want my help."

We both make our way into the kitchen and I head to the stove while Ian makes his way over to my table. I start to cook and turn to see Ian looking out the window. I start to try to think of some ideas for the proposal and my mind goes blank. What is something that I can do that Savannah will remember?

I could do a carriage ride or something like that.

No, she would think that's to basic.

I could give her a day to get pampered and then go on a fancy date at the beach or something and propose there.

That's more like it.

I dish up the oatmeal and sit a bowl in front of my seat and one in front of Ian. He takes a bite and it looks like his eyes are going to bulge out of his head.

"Wow, Savannah really has really taught you how to cook!" He exclaims.

"Well she has taught me a few tricks," I say before taking a bite, "now can we talk about what I brought you here for?"

"Yes, Chef Anthony. We can now speak of this proposal type thing."

I start to explain what I had came up with while cooking. Ian patiently waits for me to pause before he speaks his opinion.

"You know, that is a really good idea. I feel that we could build from that. That is a really good start Anthony." He says.

"You know, I wasn't this nervous until I started talking about it." I say, picking at my half full bowl of oatmeal.

"Why are you nervous?" Ian asks, curiosity in is voice.

"I am really nervous because I am basically planning a day that will determine my future, Ian. That is why I am so nervous." I say, getting a chill when I start to talk about my future. I can feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it.

"Dude, it's okay. We will make Saturday go off without a hitch, and Savannah will say yes. It will all go as planned and you will be an engaged man by the end of the night. Does that sound good to you?" He asks, getting up to put his bowl in the sink.

"Yeah, it actually sounds pretty perfect. Thank you Ian." I say, taking my bowl to the sink after him.