Chapter 21

Niall's POV 

"Well Niall, it looks like you're alright. There seems to be no fracture, no slight concussion. You'll most likely develop some slight bruising but other than that you seem completely fine" The specialist said.

"So he's going to be okay?" Zayn asked.

"He's going to be more than okay" the doctor smiled.

"But I'd still like to keep you overnight, just to make sure everything stays fine" he said writing stuff down onto a clipboard.

"But if he's fine why do you need to keep him here overnight?" Zayn asked.

"With injuries like this to the head sometimes you don't show immediate damage. For example bleeding or any small fractures or he could possibly have a seizure. If he stays here overnight we could avoid and watch out for anything that could happen." He stated.

"Oh okay."

"Alright then, do you guys have any more questions?" He asked. We both shook our heads.

"Okay, well a nurse will be with you shortly and get you admitted and put you in a room. It was nice to meet you guys, I hope you get better Niall" he nodded and exited the room.

"I wonder how Noelle's doing" I thought out loud.

"I'll call Harry and see what's going on" Zayn said taking his phone out and calling Harry.

I sighed as I listened to him talk with Harry. If only I had been more careful, we wouldn't be here in this situation. I couldn't help but feel sorry for Noelle and all the pain she's probably going through right now.

"Alright mate, I'll see you in a few" Zayn hung up and shoved his phone in his pocket.

"What happened? Is she okay? Is her nose broken?" I asked.

"Woah calm down buddy. She's doing fine, she just got out of surgery." He said.
"Surgery?! You mean I actually broke her nose?!"

"Niall chill out!"

"Oh man, this is all my fault! She's probably gonna hate me now" I buried my face in my hands.

"Niall relax! It was an accident. Noelle would never hate you. The important thing is that the two of you are alright. Mate, don't beat yourself down" he rubbed my back.

A nurse with frizzy orange hair checked my vitals and put me in a room upstairs. There was two beds inside along with two televisions, and two bathrooms. The room had big windows where the sunshine lit up the room. Where the second bed was another nurse was setting up some machines.

"Don't worry sweetie, those machines are for a different patient." She said closing the curtain separating the room.

She checked my vitals again and wrote my information on the small whiteboard on the wall. She hooked up an iv in my arm and gave me some pain medicine for my head. She stuck some square stickers to my forehead to monitor my brain activity.

"Alright kiddo, if you need anything just push the nurse button on the remote" she said handing me the remote control.

I turned the tv on and surfed through the channels. I settled on a show called how it's made. I watched as they showed how potato chips are made when Harry walked into the room.

"Oh! I was just about to call you guys! I guess we're in the same room" he sighed taking a seat on the chair next to Zayn.

"Why are they keeping you here?" He asked.

"Just for observation. The specialist wanted to make sure Niall is alright." Zayn explained.

"Where's Noelle?" I asked.