Day One: Entry Three

I hope Edgar likes me. I also really hope that I don't step on him or anything because that would be really-

Letter number three has just appeared.

I'm going to stop questioning where these messages are coming from, because honestly, it's probably not worth my time. Anyway, the envelope for this letter is different than the two previous ones, so maybe it's from a different person.

Another one of my friends that I can't remember?

Good day.

We are happy to inform you that you have been selected by me, Doctor Ramsey to join an exclusive program for inmates all over the country.

Interesting... That doesn't really explain much. Also-

These letters need to stop cutting me off. Anyways, this looks like another one from Doctor Ramsey.

We have noticed that due to the recent outbreak of a terrible virus the population of our beautiful nation has started dwindling. This is unfortunate. But there is still hope: you.

Still doesn't explain much, but I guess I understand. Wait for it...

Recent studies show that 98% of our great nation's population is already infected with the virus. Incidentally, many of the remaining 2% are prison inmates like you. We hope that you continue to be vigilant and remain healthy.

Wait, what? Ninety-eight percent of the nation's population is dead or dying? I wish I could remember why...

In order to fight depression and suicidal thoughts in the dire situation you have found yourself in, you will be assigned your own personal Happy-BuddyTM . Enjoy!

Okay, so that's the program, but what's a Happy Buddy? I'm even more fucking confused than before! What the fuck-

A new letter, with a different kind of envelope.

Maybe it's from my Happy Buddy, whatever that means?