Day Two: Entry One

I don't know how long I slept, but it wasn't nearly long enough. I'm still so tired... Is that another letter?

Friend,

This lake is beautiful. It is so peaceful and quiet here.

Have you ever been so alone that you cannot convince yourself of the fact that other people exist anymore?

-Jack

Yes, actually. I kind of feel like that right now. There must actually be other people though, because I keep getting these letters. Speaking of which...

Friend, I have a present for you. It's a painting that always reminds me of the spirit of travel.

I hope it will liven up your cell a little bit.

-Jack

There certainly is some sort of painting in here from the weight of the envelope. How did he cram it in with this letter? I guess I should take it out-

A new letter had arrived. I guess the painting's going to have to wait.

HEY BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW ARE YOU DOING??? IF YOU'RE FEELING DOWN, MAYBE A SONG WILL HELP! LALALA HAPPY LALA GLAD TO LALA BE ALIVE LALA!

Well, that one's not from Jack. I still really don't know how I feel about this "Happy Buddy." He's kind of weird. Anyways, there's another letter from him.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT WAS FUN WASN'T IT? I HOPE YOU KEEP A SONG IN YOUR HEART ALWAYS. FOR YOU ARE SMART AND KIND AND IMPORTANT.

I guess I have to thank him for the compliment. And making a letter that was much more coherent than the last one.

Is that a letter from Dr. Ramsey?

Good day Mr. Free.

We have noticed that you have not met your happiness quota yet. Remember:

You will only get to see your daughters again if you manage to lower the suicide rates in prison.

What. The. Fuck.