Day Five: Entry One

The first thing I felt this morning was overwhelming dread. Why is this the end? What's going to happen?

Oh, a letter from my Happy Buddy. Maybe he can explain now?

GOODY GOODY MORNING! ALL GOOD? ALL FINE?

I don't care.

Um...What?

I am not your friend. I was never your friend. Doctor Ramsey was blackmailing me. He kidnapped my daughters.

...I don't even know what to say to that. This is not my Happy Buddy. This is Mr. Free. This is a real person writing to me now.

He told me they were safe. He told me they would be okay as long as I kept you happy. But he lied.

I...I can't imagine the pain this man has been through. I knew this Doctor Ramsey could not be trusted, but this...This is the work of someone truly evil.

My daughters are dead.

...Oh.

They died from the virus two days ago. I never even got to say goodbye...

I'm so sorry. I have no idea how that must feel.

But to you I will.

Wait, wait! What do you mean? You can't leave! This is the first I've seen of the real you! You can't just leave!

You cannot lose hope as I now have. I have another game for you.

I don't care about the games! What are you doing!?

I don't have the money for such expenses.  But there's a huge market for organs now.

...No. Y-You can't do this!

I have already sold one of my lungs yesterday. And now I will finish what I have started.

...Please don't.

I signed for them to take all of my organs. Money up front.

Please! You're one of the only people I have! You don't have to do this!

I will not survive the procedure of course. But that's not important.

How can you say that!? Of course it's important!

You are one of the only ones left who are still healthy. Please don't lose hope.

But you've lost hope! What makes you think I can do better?

I hope you enjoy the game.

...I can't do this.

I doubt it because it isn't fun. Like seriously not at all.

Heh, I don't doubt that. None of the games are really that amazing. But they're distractions at least.

I hope you keep going anyway. Always keep going. Don't give up like me. You never know how much more time you have.

You don't have to give up!...But I guess my input doesn't matter. I'll try to live on in your memory, I suppose. But I can't make any promises.

Goodbye.

...I guess that's it. I'm sorry I didn't get to know you more, Mr. Free. I'm sorry that our first real conversation had to end like this.

Now, more than ever, I have to escape.

I'm not going to stick around to see anymore of my friends die.