Day Five: Entry Three

Michael hasn't written in a long time. I hope he's okay. Wherever you are, Jack, you have to get here soon. I can't just be a bystander to all of this!

Oh, a letter from Doctor Ramsey. I wish he would just leave me alone.

Listen. We have noticed that you are being contacted by someone with a measurably free spirit. We would like you to ignore all of his letters from now on.

Fuck off. You have no control over what I decide to ignore. Maybe I should start ignoring your letters. Jack is my friend, and he's going to help Michael and I. I refuse to ignore his letters.

You are being taken care of. You are being protected from the virus and the horrors of the outside world. Do not forget: You are a prisoner.

Yeah, and I don't know why! Why I am I even in prison?! Why do you care so much?! Why are you bothering to protect me while everyone else is dying?!

Yes, finally, a letter from Jack! Someone I actually want to hear from! If you can see me, Doctor Ramsey, here I am, completely not ignoring Jack's letter!

I think I can see your prison from here. Maybe one or two hours now... I can't wait. And once I'm there, I will release you from your prison.

-Jack

Awesome! I can't wait either Jack! You'll get me out of here, and we'll visit Michael!

Maybe then everything will be okay...