Day Five: Entry Nine

I've been in this cell turned elevator for quite some time now, and it shows no sign of slowing down its descent. If anything, the shaking is just getting more violent.

Woah. It took a few more minutes, but I've finally just come to a sudden stop. A bell has rung, and the door is open again. I'm finally free.

But I don't feel free.

Everyone I've ever known is dead. What point is there for me-

No. Michael, and maybe even Jack, may still be alive. I've got no time to waste.

There's a couple doors on the ground floor, but only the one to the outside opens. I guess Jack really is gone. May as well still get out this building, though.

It's...It's really dark out here. There's no street lamps and all I can see is the moon and-

Is that Michael's shop?

It is! Michael's Delicious Pastries, the sign says! There's a single cake still left in the display! Maybe-

There's a huge blood splatter across the back wall.

No.

NO!

I-I guess I should still go in. It looks like there's a note somewhere underneath all that blood. If it's Michael's last words, than I guess someone should read them, and I'm really the only person left out here.

To my only friend,

When you're reading this, I will already be dead.

My shop will probably look quite messy...

I have decided that I'll go to the back room to die, so you don't have to look at my corpse.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more patient in waiting for you.

But that doesn't matter now.

What matters is that you're here. Against all odds, you managed to escape the prison.

I'm aware that this may seem like a bad ending to this story, but you're here.

You're here, and I have baked another cake for you. I'm not sure how fresh it will be when you find this, as for all I know you never will, but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

I wish you the best of luck.

-Michael

So that's it. That's how it ends. What's the point of even continuing on? Everyone besides me is dead. What's there left for me to do except die, myself? Why-

Actually, there's one last thing I can do.

I'm going back to the cell.